Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Read Coilover Dyno?

help me plz.... :wiggle:

Read it only by the linearity. Notice how linearly the shocks rebound, and the smooth ramp up to compression... they're obviously high quality and have good valves. (Of course they're SPLs)

You'd have to read pretty extensively on shock absorber technology to understand the relevance of force vs. velocity. (I'm not that far, even...)
    Last edited by GRiDRaceTech; 07-27-2004, 02:58 PM.

Comment

thank you for ur informations

http://www.kts-web.com/product/catalog/db_00.html

this is the KTS damper they r selling
      one of my japanese friend told me that KTS are cheap in japan
      775 USD out the door, if they r really selling 775 OTD, SPL isnt making alot of money, they r selling 1040 shipped
      Last edited by dplxy; 07-27-2004, 03:54 PM.

Comment

I just found some money with which to buy the KTS'. I'm placing an order as soon as SPL e-mails me back.

Comment

im getting 1 for my 92 240sx
          ^^

Comment

Well, a stiffer damper will take more force to compress it at a higher rate (velocity). The chart is basicly saying that you will have to subject the damper to 150lbs of compression force at 5 in/sec and it will rebound with ~500 lbs of expansion force at 5in/sec (with the 500 being negative becuase it is expansion).

The higher the forces at a given velocity, the stiffer the dampers. Some dampers might require more force on the compression (bound) stroke than on the expansion (rebound) stroke, and others might have the opposite effect, or rebound with more or less force at a given velocity.

Generally, dampers that exhibit anything more than twice the rebound force than the bound force are going to be good. I'm not sure if there is such a thing as too much rebound force, but it's rare to see rebound forces in excess of 2.5 times the bound forces.

Linear dampers are much more favorable than mercurial dampers because they are more predictable and consistent, which is always good when you are hanging on to control by a hairy edge...

Comment

It's nice to see that the rebound characteristic actually changes significantly over each setting (and linearly too with each "click").

This is in stark contrast to a certain shock dyno plot posted online recently for a product starting with J and I and ending with C.

Comment

is Tein RA and SPL
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X