SAFC legality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAFC legality

Is an S-AFC technically legal, cuz you can program your car to run lean right, so if you have emissions illegal parts on your car the smog place wouldnt notice right. So if you could fool the smog people, woudnt this be illegal, would the smog people know what it was if they saw it in your car.

99% of them won't even know what it is.

Comment

Sweet, lol.

Comment

You could probably run the wiring hidden under some tape or something and shove the S-AFC under the center console or seat so it's practically invisible.

Comment

took my car to couple smog guys. none of em cared. one worked for a dealership, one was a friend who works at a smog shop, and the other was an independent smog shop. all asked what it was, i told them, all said cool it could help you pass smog. no questions asked about its legality

Comment

heck i dont even know what's a SAFC is......but if it helps pass smog shoot.....throw in the Sr20Det and a SAFC is that a good idea? could you guys fill me in on the stuff like the works and where to get it?

Comment

SAFC helps you in terms of smog legality? hmmm... sounds interesting. also if you are doing a smog check and they ask you, can't you just be straightup honest and tell it's an engine management thing that does a/f ratio or somethign? (aslong as it passes the smog right?)

Comment

tell them u like pretty light displays cause of your childhood infatuation with lite brites , and its used to gather information of alien locations around the area

Comment

Originally posted by turbo23
                  tell them u like pretty light displays cause of your childhood infatuation with lite brites , and its used to gather information of alien locations around the area
                  rofl, I would be like what are you talking about and when they showed me I'd run out of the place yelling bomb! bomb! bomb! duck and cover!!! and then i'd just casually walk back in and act like nothing happened and when they asked me again i'd be straight-forward

Comment

Well, if the smog tech has the slightest idea of what it is and what it does (that's if the smog tech even cares, which I doubt most will) then you could fail for having it because it ties into your computer which means you're tampering (modified) with a emission control devices. I didn't know this until recently but you could fail for having a A/F ratio gauge because you would be tampering with the O2 sensor.

Comment

all of them probabaly could have cared less. they all know it lets me modify my fuel maps via tricking the ecu but none of them cared.

AFC with an SR can be a good idea if you know what your emissions are base line and know what to do to change each value and how that corresponds to cylinder conditions. I did use my AFC to lower my NOx count at the penalty of increasing my HC and CO emissions if that makes you feel any better. lol

Comment

Originally posted by 180fan
                        all of them probabaly could have cared less. they all know it lets me modify my fuel maps via tricking the ecu but none of them cared.

AFC with an SR can be a good idea if you know what your emissions are base line and know what to do to change each value and how that corresponds to cylinder conditions. I did use my AFC to lower my NOx count at the penalty of increasing my HC and CO emissions if that makes you feel any better. lol
                        I know the smog techs don't give a crap about what it does, I'm just saying if the smog tech is being extremely strict about the test and does know what it does, then you can fail for having it. And I can care less how much your car pollutes because I'm pretty sure my car pollutes 2 maybe 3x as much as yours. Believe me, I drive a turbo rotary with the emissions removed and a straight through 3" exhaust. It doesn't get much dirtier than that. The funny thing is I work with a smog referee!!.....lol

Comment

If you were from Texas, they prolly would have laughed, called you a ricer and let you pass anyways...

Texas is full of rednecks... Stupid Texans.

Matt.

Comment

it says on the box for off road use only

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo_Rotary
                              And I can care less how much your car pollutes because I'm pretty sure my car pollutes 2 maybe 3x as much as yours.
                              lol savage dude. Well I never had bad numbers for emissions except for the NOx. Everything else was better than some newer cars according to the techs I talked to except my NOx was sky high. I just sacked the other two so I could pass my NOx by a hair lol

Comment

Working...
                              X