FC guys exhaust component question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FC guys exhaust component question

Would I have to remove the airpump if i install the racing beat downpipe, headers, and presilencer, cuz I was thinking about buying them but i have a K&N FIPK hooked up to it right now and don't really want to remove it.

what year is it? , if it is a 89-91 (s5) then the air pump controls the 6 ports if it is a 86-88 )s4 than get rid of the air pump , you can always wire the 6 ports open if you don't have enough back presssure. I run a simular set up and it works fine
    Attached Files

Comment

Are you talking about the 3" system for the turbo cars? If so, then yes, you do have to remove the airpump. If it's for a 87-88 turbo II and you put the RB system on, then there is no purpose for the air pump. I'm not sure about the 89-91 cars though.

Comment

No for an 88 N/A, id like to keep the airpump cuz my FIPK is hooked up to it.

Comment

Oh, ok. You said a header and a downpipe ( downpipes are only on turbo cars), so I got a little confused.

Comment

U sure, cuz on racing beats website they have downpipes for 88 na's with manual transmissions.

Comment

Well I'll be...... I stand corrected. Since it comes off of the stock manifold as just a pipe I guess it makes sense to call it a downpipe.

Comment

The racing beat headers are ok, but go with an HKS downpipe.

Comment

Working...
                X