X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitsibshi LanEvo VII+

um...hey guys uh i haf a question.

first of all i love in vancouver.
    In vancouver is the LanEvo called a Lancer? or are they totally diff cars? because i've searched up LanEvo VII and it looks EXACTLY the same.

The Lancer is an economy car. (Less so with the introduction of the Ralliart)
    The Lancer Evolution is the rocket. The salesmen always refer to it as the Evolution, so if you said "Do you have a LanEvo?" to them, they'd probably look at you blankly. (I don't blame them... just call it the Evo or Evolution, without the random "Lan" in front of it.)

Comment

LanEvo is the Lancer Evolution

The Lancer Evolution is the Rally inspired Lancer. Very nice car, I would imagine they have it in Canada, but I have no idea I am in Phoenix, AZ.

Lucidstrife

Comment

Neato, I love in Knoxville. I love lot's of things. Spelling being one of them.

Comment

i dont think any evos are available in canada... yet anyway

Comment

i live in ontario near toronto.
            yes evo's are illegal in canada unless its is 15 years or older because you can import any car in canada that is 15 years or older.
            but anyway lancers are more economical vehicles with about 150 hp.
            Evos have about 280 hp and are high performance.
            if you want to buy one go for a subaru wrx sti its the same almost, close comparison.

the evo 7 is illegal in the U.S i heard but iam not sure.

ill post a pic of a evo nand a lancer and you will see the difference.

this is a evo 8
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ; 07-30-2004, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Evo's are more around 300hp.

Comment

I have never heard of an Evo being called a LanEVO.The real name is the Lancer Evolution, but if your elsewhere in the world or know about the cars it is the Lancer Evolution VIII.
                The base Lancer is a peice. All economy and what not. The Ralliart is a step up but still blows. Just buy a Sentra SER (I think it's cheaper too and way better)
                The EVOs are mad. They have a 4G63 (The same turbo 2.0L in the second gen eclipse/talon GSX/TSI) tuned to 280 at the crank and like 240 at the wheels. major power loss in those cars. still fast as hell. AWD and a nice stiff suspension that many people would hate but my brother owns a jeep the has Hell as it's engine so it would be comfort to me. The drawback is they have a 5-speed whereas the STI's have a 6-speed. Another great thing is that the car has Brembo equipped brakes (13' in front i believe). The car is a 4-door ( like the STI) with an ok amount of room for how fast the car is. Haveinjg 4 doors also means cheaper on insurence.
                The STI has 300hp and 300tq at 3K rpm also VERY fast. bothwill beat most stock Imports and give SS', Trans Ams, Vettes and Cobras a run for their money.

Have to add this. There is a new version of the STI in Japan. It has a better interior, a Helical limited slip in the front, and YAw controller. Same output, but i think it might be slightly tweaked.

The Evo VII is illegal in the US. We were originaly suppose to get the VII but it didn't pass crash testing so i t never made it here ( he engine went into the drivers side at like 80, which would be the passengers side here) I love the VII more than the VIII (of course since MItsu is broke and will be in the red for the next 5-10 years the EVO VIII MR probably won't make it here)

I'ts funny. Ask 100 people off the street and at least 90% of them will say the Lancer is a new car and that the EVO (the one now) is the first one made of it's kind, when in reality the first EVO was in the late 80s- early 90s.

That is just a wierd law. I cannot believe that you cannot import cars under 15 years.

ehhhhh.... enough rambling

Comment

the evo 7 is illegal in the U.S i heard but iam not sure.
                  no, its not.. i know a racing team who call themselves "Capsule Corp." they have a Evo 7, Crx, FC, 3000gt and a Impreza (they have thier own shop so their parts r free) and i looked it up and 7+ are legal ( i want a 5)

Comment

Originally posted by 98BlueStang'

I'ts funny. Ask 100 people off the street and at least 90% of them will say the Lancer is a new car and that the EVO (the one now) is the first one made of it's kind, when in reality the first EVO was in the late 80s- early 90s.
                    the subaru wrx has been around almost as long in other countries too.

Comment

Originally posted by AE86GetSideways
                      no, its not.. i know a racing team who call themselves "Capsule Corp." they have a Evo 7, Crx, FC, 3000gt and a Impreza (they have thier own shop so their parts r free) and i looked it up and 7+ are legal ( i want a 5)

show me proof the 7 is legal, because I am 100% sure that it is not legal.
                      If it is legal, say hello to an evo 8 with an evo 7 front end...

Comment

Im not too sure why people like the sevens better (other than styling). I bet most people dont know this but the most widely considered "best lancer" was the Evo6. The Evo 6 was so good that they re-used its platform for the Evo 8. So essentialy: the Evo8 is a redone Evo6.

Comment

Originally posted by driftersil80
                          Im not too sure why people like the sevens better (other than styling). I bet most people dont know this but the most widely considered "best lancer" was the Evo6. The Evo 6 was so good that they re-used its platform for the Evo 8. So essentialy: the Evo8 is a redone Evo6.

the 7 and 8 share a platform not the 6 and 8...

Comment

Originally posted by driftersil80
                            August 3, 1990

lol get the facts straight :P
                            evo 8 is essential an evo 7 with a new front end and they changed the diffs for the north american market

Comment

LOL oops....looks like I got told! Thanks for being so nice about it guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X