Kei-Office for Street Applications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kei-Office for Street Applications?

Hey everyone! was wondering wat the best Kei-office suspension for street applications....

i know they have many different ones....and i also herd the
    kei-office street suspension was too hard for street

if anyone can clearify this rumor thnx!!!!

We don't know what you think is too hard or what your personal comfort preference is. I'm getting the vibe that you want decent comfort, and you won't get that from a Kei Office coilover, as they are very serious. I'd consider Tein Flexes or an aftermarket spring/KYB AGX combo if you want to maintain a decent ride.

Comment

whoops....i meant to say like

are the street kits too stiff for street?
      i herd they may be...

i dont mean i am not looking for comfort more like a performance driving experiance...this may be confusing...but yea thnx anyways

Comment

Ummm... again, we have no idea what you consider too stiff. I don't consider 8/6 on the street too stiff, but then again some people consider 4/3 too stiff.

You have to get stiff to handle well.

Comment

Then get the TE or the TDII's the TDII'S are more street and the TE'S are more circuit than street.

Comment

well considering your location softer would be better as NY roads are far from smooth and well kept. Stiffer springs give inferior permformance on unsmooth surfaces. I know I'm almost forced to go alittle softer just to feel confident I'll have adaquete traction if I need to panic stop and the road ain't so smooth.

As grid said it would all come down to your own opinoin. What somebody else thinks is stiff might be contrary to your own opinoin.

Comment

so far every Z33 with suspension ive road in has been an improvement over the stiff stock suspension
              flex, Zeal super function, and HKS damper II, i dont think kei office could be too bad for the street.

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
                Ummm... again, we have no idea what you consider too stiff. I don't consider 8/6 on the street too stiff, but then again some people consider 4/3 too stiff.

You have to get stiff to handle well.
                you don't HAVE to get stiff to handle well...it's the overall balance between your suspension w/ the rest of your and the road surface your racing/drifting on. On a mountain type road yes u want a somewhat stiff suspension but you want it to have enough travel to be able to clear the bumps w/o bumpin you around. The smoother the better. I mean honestly, wouldn't you feel ALOT more confident in a car that was SMOOTH rather than a car that bumped around all crazy due to the fact that the suspension was too tight. on a race track, the stiffer the better, no doubtly, road courses and race tracks have ultra smooth surfaces that can accomidate the super stiff suspensions.

now back on TOPIC
                Kei-Office is run by Keiichi, the drift king, He's a gt500(?) driver and a judge @ D1 by far one of the the most respected men on the planet when it comes to driving/racing he knows his stuff, the coilover suspensions your talking about are built with adjustable dampers and so are alot of other suspensions now-a-days, so the softness or the hardness of your suspension can be changed to your liking and the road surfaces in your area...adjust. damp. owns....

Comment

Speakin of Kei-Office, does anyone know how I can get my hands on a set. I know it's japan only but I'm sure theres a way to get em here..

Comment

Drift Alliance can get you Kei Office stuff. So can Jspec.com.

Nemesis- True that too high spring rates can indeed mess with handling, but with proper travel and shock tuning the car won't be skittish.

Here's a pic I borrowed from the Drift Pimp himself. I hosted it myself because I hate stealing bandwidth.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandaiDude
                      Speakin of Kei-Office, does anyone know how I can get my hands on a set. I know it's japan only but I'm sure theres a way to get em here..
                      I can get you a set, let me know which ones you want and I'll get you a quote. PM me if you're interested.

Comment

While you guys are ont he subject i was wondering is the Cusco Comp-S were good for street/track?

Comment

Tsuchiya retired from professional racing a long as.s time ago. he is not a gt500 driver. if you have to ask are kei office good for street then you shouldnt buy them. in fact, noone should buy them unless you are in japan because they are extremly overpriced for the US market. if you want kei office then get gp sports because it is the same thing with different colored paint on it. comp s is crap. single height adjustable non damping adjustable. throw it in the trash.

Comment

Originally posted by chmercer
                            Tsuchiya retired from professional racing a long as.s time ago. he is not a gt500 driver.
                            How long is that exactly?
                            if you have to ask are kei office good for street then you shouldnt buy them. in fact, noone should buy them unless you are in japan because they are extremly overpriced for the US market.
                            What do you consider overpriced? They dont seem much different then gpsports, in fact im between getting those or zeals right now, but im very likely to not buy the zeals.
                            if you want kei office then get gp sports because it is the same thing with different colored paint on it. comp s is crap. single height adjustable non damping adjustable. throw it in the trash.
                            In my case I doubt I even have the option of gpsports...
                            Last edited by hatebbobbarker; 08-10-2004, 01:56 AM.

Comment

let me jump in for a sec to praise the tein flex. I have them on my miata, they are badass. I can handle bostons crappy roads and then take it to the track and drift it and then go autox on sunday. And u can go between all of ure setting with the touch of a button if u have the edfc unit they sell for an amazingly cheap 400 bucks. the flex's only set me back 1400 and i didnt even buy them online. ive been seeing some of these "drift" suspensions goign for 2g-3g's. Why?! you dont really need that unless u have a track car, if ure driving on the street then ure not drifting all the time. Something like the flex can be made streetable and then nice and stiff when ure at a drift day. and sometimes the drift days arent even on a track but in a parking lot which has the occasional bump too...

Comment

Working...
                              X