Fix Hachi and make profit???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix Hachi and make profit???

hey guys. i had a questio what does a gt-s corolla fixed up. go for now a days. i was thinkig about buying one and sellig it to make profit. if i can keep it completly stock for 1 year do u think i can make a big profit concidering the drift trend going on? thanks guys.

ive heard of fully restored gts' go for $10000. a stock one though.. the price may inflate a bit more.

Comment

Well, my brother paid 600 for one, fixed some dents, painted it and sold it for 4800 on ebay.

Comment

easy money

i love it...

Comment

You guys stole my master plan...

Comment

This is everyone's master plan...

People like us will stay away, but some people are passionate about the Haichi Rokus...

Some of us went out of our ways to find them. I'll buy a hatchback for the right price... Under 3000... But otherwise, I'm sticking to the Nissans...

Matt.

Comment

personally my opinion, ppl like us wouldnt buy an 86 if it was over 2k otherwise youd be losing money up the *Censored**Censored**Censored*, i got my fc3s for 2800, lets compare specs. 115 hp NA vs 200 hp turbo? and ppl would pay more for a 115 hp car? come on man, i mean, dont get me wrong, i love the 86 but its just not enough power for what its worth dude, theres a lot of faster lighter cars out there that are cheaper than a 10k 86. i remember back in the day it used to go for 300 to 500 dollars (lol) all to the thanx of one simple cartoon called initial d and bam~! 10k 86

Comment

well nasty nate, several things...

1) not everybody buys cars for financial gain. Pretty much any AE86 you'll be losing money on considering the cost of maintenance and repairs that a 17 year old car must endure.

2) 10k is an exhaggeration on price. I"m sure you'll see maybe one or two, but generally most do not cost that much even now when they are a hot commodity.

3) Yes there are faster cars out there, there are lighter cars, but ones that put as big a smile on your face and give you the same emotions? well that's up to the driver now isn't it?

4) Comparing horsepower is like guys measureing how big their *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* are. If you wanna sword fight then maybe drifting.com isn't the place for you. Horsepower is only part of the equasion, and if the dollar amt you place on a vehicle is solely based on horsepower, then you've got a lot to learn about automobiles.

the same thing can be said about your car... who wants to pay 2800 dollars for:

A car that won't pass smog unless stock
                14 miles per gallon.
                Catalytic converters that are 400 dollars to replace
                one ping and the motor is done
                Less torque than my grandma opening a jar
                oil changes every 2000 miles.

don't get me wrong, I used to own an FC so I love them to death, but I"m trying to prove a point

As for getting an AE and fixing it up and selling it, well if your sole motivation is financial gain, sure go ahead. The way I feel however is a bit different; AE86's are hard enough to find as it is, so leave the ones left for enthusiests who want the car for the reasons it was created: to be driven.

Comment

im just saying its just not worth it paying that much for a non sports car thats 17 - 20 years old. would YOU fork out at least 5k for a ae86?

Comment

Hahaha, I would...

Comment

That's almost too much,even for a near stock GT-Apex Trueno(that's including shipping across the Pacific and trailoring it to my house).If I had the money though,I'd do it and get a nice TRD loaded 4AGZE.

Comment

It is a very volatile market for the 86. I have seen stock ones go anywhere from FREE(even GTS's) to 4K. Its all about where you look and who you know.

People get bent out of shape when 20 year old cars for for so much, but maybe you are the one missing something.

Anyways who cares how much they are going for. People will pay what they want

Some kid offered me 5k for my car I turned him down. I can honestly say I probably wouldnt even take 10k. I already have the car I want.

Comment

Working...
                        X