ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My horn isn't working w/my quick release!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My horn isn't working w/my quick release!

hey guys,
    can you help me out here. i just bought a momo hub along with a quick release adapter for my ae86. here is the link to the quicl release: http://www.store.yahoo.com/phase2mot...twhqurepr.html

anyways, i attached the hub and made sure the wire ground worked. it did, so i went ahaead and installed my quick release and plugged into the red wire (since there is only one on the car) and did the same with the steering wheel side of the quick release also. now i have no more horn when i attach the wheel to the column, weird. its sooo aggravating. do you guys have any suggestions on how i can remedy this? i am already in the hole $200+ and i still do not have a working horn. ugh this sucks!! can any of you help me please?

well stealing the invention from a cool japanese guy and slingin it in the states might have somthing to do with it but i will help you as best i can.

The wire that comes out your MOMO boss when you touch it to ground does the horn sound. If it dont then then you have a break between the boss and the rotary unit in the column. Does the boss make contact with the electrodes in the column??? Next the momo horn button only takes the lead to ground so if it works with just the boss make sure you are getting the ground from the horn button.

I went to Auto Aisia two years ago in Tokyo and bought one for my FD the guy that desinged it was there and gave me a hook up. It sucks to see peoples hard work get ripped off.

Comment

Working...
    X