Mufflers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mufflers

is it possible to take off the silencer off a stock muffler??

There is no silencer on a stock muffler they are quiet because they use small piping and are power robbers.

Comment

the only way you can do it is to take it off cut the top open and pull all the guts out of it then weld the top back in and put it back on.....the reason for cuttin the top instead of the bottom is so the cops cant see where it was cut open and welded

Comment

stab a bunch of holes in it with a screwdriver

Comment

muffler? wtf is that? are you talking about the thing that some people have coming out of their headers? oh whatever, i shoot smoke straight to the ground...haha jk jk

from what i understand most mufflers are quiet because of the design....on howstuffworks.com (Best site ever)..or at least i think thats where i figured it out, the design simply duplicates the sound coming out in order to neutralize it, but the restriction is seperate, small piping and the crap they put in to filter the air is what restricts it...seriously though, if you want to be REALLY ghetto, and for SOME reason want loud exhaust, then just stab some holes in the thing...but keep in mind...thats more ghetto than actually wearing one of those t-shirts with a tie and buttons painted on em

Comment

you can always just us cutouts....just cut holes in the piping just before the cat.....then it gets loud an powerfull

Comment

Bit off topic...Some of you may know already, that exhaust, intake, and headers don't give much horsepower...If you dynoed your car with all of that stuff on, you would get at most 15 hp at the wheel. Exhaust is what? Around $200(with full piping)? Headers around $400 and good brand intake(which they're all the same, but some guys want good brands for the car) around $150. So around $750 total for around 15 hp. Might as well save up for a turbo...

Comment

Originally posted by Thai Juku
                Bit off topic...Some of you may know already, that exhaust, intake, and headers don't give much horsepower...If you dynoed your car with all of that stuff on, you would get at most 15 hp at the wheel. Exhaust is what? Around $200(with full piping)? Headers around $400 and good brand intake(which they're all the same, but some guys want good brands for the car) around $150. So around $750 total for around 15 hp. Might as well save up for a turbo...
                Yes,but when the exhaust is restricted,the turbo doesn't run as effcient.Once the boost is increased,those hp numbers increase more as well.

You want a loud exhaust,here's what you do.Rip off the cat,and the rest of the exhaust from the cat back.Then get some custom fab done and run a straight pipe.Just forget the muffler period .Not legal of course.

Comment

Yeah, you can get that after the turbo...

Comment

just use a test pipe

Comment

Heres what you do...Get a good audio system for your car. Record the sound of a loud muffler, make sure the sound is constant. Burn it to a CD or whatever, put it in your CD player and play it. Make it sound like your revving by adjusting the volume...I knew a guy that did this and it sounded surprisingly real...Some of you may think this is "stupid", but whatever...I don't care...

Comment

Re: Mufflers

Originally posted by khan_artist
                        is it possible to take off the silencer off a stock muffler??
                        Well if you wanna make it louder gut it out or poke a hole in it lol
                        I just chopped mine off before

Comment

Working...
                        X