ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fabricating Suspension Parts (Books/Literature on this Subject?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabricating Suspension Parts (Books/Literature on this Subject?)

I am going to fab some suspension parts (pillow balls,strut bars,adjustible tie rods etc...)for my mk2 supra. I was wondering if anyone knows any good books/litature on this subject(fabrication, customizing, suspection geometry). I have researched this and will continue to do so but if anyone has any helpful suggestions they would be appreciated.

maybe even what you like or would like to see in suspension components.

Comment

There are a couple great books in this thread: http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=4307

I especially recommend Carroll Smith's books.

Comment

I reccomend talking to Alex Pfieiffer. He has his own suspension company he might be able to give you some hints.

www.battleversion.com

Comment

Thnks alot guys I really appreciate your help alot. As for Alex I have tried to email him a few times about it first but he never got back to me.I assume he must be too busy right now or he just didn't get any of my emails.If your out there please respond I would appreciate it,but I understand if your too busy -thanks

Comment

PM me your AIM screenname and I can hook you up with a private chat with alex himself.

Comment

props

Thank you for resonding everyone, currently here in Washington it's hard to find others with serious interest in cars/performance/and most important drifting.As corny as it sounds this has given my a bit of hope/inspiration-Larry

Comment

Its hard to make just one set of something. I did do some looking around and went to the celicasupra.com forum to see how many people where really into those cars but to me it doesnt seem like there would be alot of interest in the parts. I have made alot of different aplications on other cars but they never seem to sell and it cost me time and money.

If you want, take a couple pics of the parts you want to make, then measure them with the length, bushing size (spacing) and bolt hole sizes and send them to me. Then I'll at least have an idea what it will take to make the parts.
                Last edited by AlexPfeiffer; 08-09-2004, 11:35 AM.
                BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Well to start off I wanted to make adj tie rods,piloow balls and alot of other adjustable components. Ideally I would like to make a fully adjustable suspension but that is just alot of and I know if make them correctly I can sell them all at celica supra. The hard part is r and d which is where most of my money will go to. Also my suspension is not going to titled specifically as drift suspension. This is why you probably didn't get a lot of proplle wanting to buy anything you were gauging intrest on. Most of them completely despise drifting. The were going to try to ban talk of it on the forum. But they love new suspension, either way if have to fab some suspension because me and my friend are into drifting and we can't really get good suspension unless I make it. So I figure make it right then sell it things will take off from there. I will get some specifics on what exaclty I want to make, as Im still a little undecided what I want to start with first,. Then I will pm you with them.thanks pfife dawg(Alex)
                  Last edited by drfsupramk2; 08-09-2004, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Would any of these parts fit onto a 1995 ST-205?? (Celica GT-4)

Comment

Frankly im not sure but I would like to extend to other hard to hind avenues such as your car.Im sure with some mods they will be able to fit. Honestly I don't know celica suspension because I don't have a celica, Furthermore the celica and supra are very diffrent.
                      That being said due to the fact that it will be easier to make money off cars other than the mk2 supra I will probably also make parts for other cars like yours. However it will be a little while until I can get a grant($) to make them so it will be awhile.
                      Rest assured If I make anything at all it will be done right though since its stupid to make bad/wrong and that market is best served/already maxed out in honda applacations. J/k honda guys! Also the prototypes will be on mine and my freinds cars so ya know I aint doing it half assed on my car. My question to you is what would you buy for how much(gauging intrest)?
                      Last edited by drfsupramk2; 08-09-2004, 04:11 PM.

Comment

First question, does your car have the independet rear or the solid axle?
                        BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

if your talking about me the supra has a independent rear axle. From the looks of it the so does the rear axle of the cleica gt 4. I googled it and found a little info but i'm doing an engine swap in my supra so I gotta run i'll do some more research on my next break dude.
                          Last edited by drfsupramk2; 08-10-2004, 01:45 PM.

Comment

The celica is 4 wheel independant. From what I found it looks like front and rear McPhearson Struts.

Comment

gt fizzle

Yeah the strut configuration is what made me think the axles were independent. I thought I wrote that but I didn't. I was distracted just got a new turbo. ok back on topic. All I could find through a quick search was the strut configurations so that is where I got the idea it was independent. Plus most Toyotas of that age have independent axles to my knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                              X