Rolling Front End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolling Front End

ok well i just got a new car and when i go thru corners at higher than what speed signs reccomend the front end seems to kind of sway or have lots of body roll or what ever youd say. anyway im thinking it must be the suspension. its a bit crap bit ive driven with worse and never had this problem. anyway i was thinking i should lower it a bit at the front and maybe slightly stiffen it. i usually drive on pretty rough hilly roads so itd still have to pretty soft. also i dont have tons of $$$ to spend and a cheap alternative would be ok for me.

No offense, but if it wasn't the suspension, what would it be? *Edit: Tires, you smart-aleck.*

Seems like some anti-roll bars are needed, and maybe some lower-profile tires.

Comment

ive got front an rear sway bars and 15" wheels, low profiles and 200mm wide. anyway my question was should i just lower an slightly stiffen my fron suspension or what? also im in aussie on the sunshine coast an does anyone know someone good to go to for this stuff?

Comment

Aftermarket anti-roll bars, or stock anti-roll bars?

If the car still rolls too much after aftermarket bars are installed, then you either: 1. need to lower it, or 2. need bigger bars.

I'd recommend something by Eibach or H&R when you lower it, that way the spring rates aren't through the roof but you still get a lower center of gravity. Remember to upgrade your shocks with a spring change.

Comment

Working...
        X