Help: FC na exhaust question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: FC na exhaust question

I've read in other post about exhaust for fc, where power was lost on naturally aspirated systems. Because of the ports weren't opening with less backpreasures. The response was to hold open the port with zip ties. Well my question which is probably a stupid one is, could someone explain further what that meant, is it near the exhaust before the "header" of after the intake manifold. Again probably a stupid question but i'd appreciate any help.

read the exhaust narrative on www.mazdatrix.com

Comment

the 6 ports are right above the header you will see 2 things , those are it. I run a rb header to bonez cat and a apexi n1 and the 6 ports work fine

Comment

Dependingon what year or model you hgave s4 or s5??
        s5 dont have problems because the5th and 6th ports open up by way os air\smog pump and the S4 used exhaust pressure to do this..I had a full exhaust on my s4 na before and the silencer came with the metal hose that is used to open up the 5\6th ports and it worked fine..
        If u decide to go custom I reccomend you hook the ports vaccum lines to the smog pump or make a electronic actuator or justwire it open or remove the sleeves..

there ya go

Comment

Working...
        X