Quick Ques on Fender Flares/Rolling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Ques on Fender Flares/Rolling

hey guys i have sum quick neewb questions on fender flares and fender rolling. i drive a 94 mazda rx7 and its come time to get sum new rims. ive been looking at volk te37s or advan super advans. my question is about the te37s, i luv the way they look with low offsets, like 350z offsets, but the problem is if i bought them for the fd they wouldnt fit. so i would either need to roll my fenders or buy fender flares so they could fit properly with no rubbing etc etc.

ive never dealt with rolling fenders, so i was wondering what exactly needs to be done to roll fenders. would i be better of buying some aftermarket fender flares from say msport or something ? thanks for all the help in advance

Wayne

350z run high offset from the factory. the correct offset depends on how wide of a wheel you want to run. rolling a fender is when you bend the inner lip of the fender up so it dosent cut into your sidewall when you tuck. buy flares if you want but be prepared to shell out for wheels if you want it to look good with flares, you gotta go wide. you can make anything fit if you want it bad enough, dont say somthing wont fit. fender flares do nothing to help your wheel clearance, they just make your car look different.

what needs to be done to roll fenders, is jack your car up with the wheel off the ground so that there is enough wheel gap so you can fit a baseball bat in between it, angle the baseball bat up so that it pulls the fender outward, and roll it along the fender edge until you have it pulled out how you want it.

Comment

Gotta be real careful rolling the fenders on that FD. Specially the rear ones cause if you botch it and bend the quarter you are in for BIG money to fix. He's right, just putting flares on there isn't going to make a difference unless you either rull the fenders or cut away what cannot be seen under the flares. Then you ruin the rear quarters should you ever take the flares off, front too but you can replace the fenders on that easily.

Comment

all i want is to possibly put sum low offset 18in volk te37s with like 15 offsets lol but ya i think flares would be good, now i just gotta find sum nice flares

Comment

Working...
        X