Drift Settings for Miata, S13 & AE86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drift Settings for Miata, S13 & AE86

Ok i know its probably been touched on but can anyone give any advice for drift settings on some popular cars? experiences, breakthroughs, what worked for you what didnt work and what kind of set up are you using?

I am running a 1990 miata with bolt-ons and full exhaust. Suspension wise i have tein type flex coilovers and fm sway bars. I havent experimented with it much but my drift setting of level 12 front and level 9 back seems to be working well. Its a 16 way adjustible damper and level 16 is as hard as the N1 cars. Level 1 is stock hardness. Also i should mention that i have an RX7 clutch type LSD.

Please also tell about your experiences with the different types of LSD's

Everyone has different tastes for their car, thus something that feels right to you may feel totally off in their mind. That's why a thread asking about damper settings never works.

Also, people can run different sway bars and tires and affect the handling independently of damper settings.

However, I am liking this LSD experiences thing.

Comment

added some tien tie-rods to the s13 over the weekend and it helped

not bad for a simple add-on

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
        Everyone has different tastes for their car, thus something that feels right to you may feel totally off in their mind. That's why a thread asking about damper settings never works.

Also, people can run different sway bars and tires and affect the handling independently of damper settings.

However, I am liking this LSD experiences thing.
        yea now that i think about it ure exactly right. But i would like to know more about peoples experiences with different LSD's. Especially if you went from a stock clutch type to a performance clutch type like a Kaaz or cusco, what kind of difference did you see?

Comment

rofl tein flex arent anywhere close to n1 cars hahahha tein flex is made for daily driving, get somthing else

Comment

i was planning on getting TEIN HE for my s13 but since it's a daily driver some body told me to get flex. i thought flex was too soft for drifting-spring rate is lower than he. or can you make up for this by stiffining up the dampers. if you say 16 is n1 stiffness, that sounds stiff enough

Comment

spring rate is softer than HE, but thats cause the HE isnt made for street. The flex can be made harder with the damper adjustments or for a few extra bucks tein can upgrade the spring rates for you. Its not that big of a difference for me since i have such a light car, the type RA is 8kg front, 7kg rear. The flex is 7kg front 6 rear. handles well on and off track. dont have to worry about the occasional pot hole.
              for your S13 the type HE damper is 8kg front 6kg rear. The flex is 7kg front 7kg rear. You can get the same effect as the HE just by adjusting the damper. the only real difference in the HE and flex is the rebound and compression and damper design. The flex for your car can be lowered a maximum of 2.32 inches in the front and 3.03inches in the rear. the he can be lowered a maximum of 1.14 inches in the front and 2.28 in the rear.

so as u can see there isnt all that much difference, just adjust the camber accordingly and u can have a perfect set up for street or drift.

Comment

Originally posted by chmercer
                rofl tein flex arent anywhere close to n1 cars hahahha tein flex is made for daily driving, get somthing else
                yea no crap its a daily driver, thats what his car is. thats what most of our cars are. You go ahead and get ure circuit spec damper and let me know how it turns out when u hit that first sewer cap or pot hole. and the tein flex can be very hard, and as always the spring rate is upgradable.

thanks for your mature opinion tho

Comment

Working...
                X