89 rs camaro drifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 rs camaro drifter

i know i'll probably get bashed for askin but what do i need to do to a 89 rally sport camaro to make it a decent drift car

I would say stuffen up the chassis first (SFC's STB, etc). Then I would convert the rearend to posi (if its not posi already). Then work on the suspension, new bushings, new springs, new dampeners. I would work on the engine last, even with the weak L03. Just remember that if you are having problems with the re-gripping then it might be due to the tire selection, not the power output. But even with all this said, your stock 89 RS Camaro can drift fine. All this stuff makes the car better for drifting, but stock can work too. Here are some pics of my base model 89 RS Camaro drifting from back in 2002. In these pics the car was pretty much stock and the suspension parts (bushings, springs, dampeners) were all dead. The only modifications were an IROC rear swaybar and posi rearend. The car had the weakling stock L03 175hp V8 with flowmaster exhaust and I was running the stock 15x7 wheels front and rear with crap 215/60/15 tires. Great car to learn with IMO.

If you would like to see more Camaro drifting check out our website at www.powerslideways.com We got two guys out here in Hawaii drifting with Camaro's, and we are finding that a lot of other guys in the continental USA are getting into drifting F-Bodies as well. Out here in Hawaii Revlimit is the #1 guy and he drifts a 84 Camaro (used to be 91 but the 91 chassis got bust up and everything was swapped to an 84 shell). I'm the other guy and I got two of em, one is a 89 IROC-Z that I'm using as a budget project, the other is a 89 RS that I'm slooowly building up to be a track only drift car. Good luck with your Camaro, let us know how it turns out!! Lates

Comment

Working...
    X