CA18DET or SR20DET?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mooseboy240 View Post
    So what if I just ran at like 8-10psi and upped the compression with forged 10.5:1 pistons and con rods wouldn't the ca18det be pretty reliable on relatively low boost without buying a new turbo for basically the same price as a t28? I'm shooting for around 300hp at the crank its going into an rx7 (*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* the rotary)
    S15 Turbo, Injectors, Z32 MAF, and PFC for 300HP CA18

No need to up the compression, I do suggest a engine overhaul and reassembly by a professional on these old motors.

But for all the modification that will go into swapping this into a RX7, I would go 1JZ or RB25.
    Last edited by Bebop; 11-09-2010, 08:30 PM.

Comment

It sounds like you really want to be convinced that CA18 is the way to go... but in the long run, the SR20 will be more worth it. It depends on what you want to do. If you are happy with the gains you can get from the CA18, I'd go for it -- but there is no replacement for displacement... SR20 is the superior engine, and I would go for that.

Comment

That's it- "No replacement for displacement". The SR is a strong motor!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X