CA18DET or SR20DET?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA18DET or SR20DET?

I dont know if this has been discussed but which would you recommend for your drifter(s13)? For originality i would say ca18 only a little smaller and a little less HP. but with the money you save on the cheaper motor u could make more power than the sr20 stock. I guess u can understand what i just meant. anyways thanx for any input in advance.

i can almost garanty that every one will tell you to get the sr20 but i know plenty of exelent drifters over here that run the ca18 with no complaints. i used to have a ca18det in my silvia and it was a great engine i only took it out because i decided to go N/A with that car. if you wanna save a few bucks go with the ca, its a strong motor that can hold alot of boost.

Comment

do you know what the CA red lines at? and is the swap and harder easier than the sr?into an s13 240sx

Comment

ca red lines at 7500 but i've taking them to 8500 with no problem.
        the swap would be the same as an sr.

Comment

If you were to get a CA18DET,get rid of the stock turbo ,it's a joke.

Comment

upgrade turbo= FOR SHURE

Comment

CA18DET= hard to find parts.

Comment

CA18= OLD

SR20= Not so old...

but not too many people here put CA18's in there S13's...

Comment

id just go with a SR

Comment

You can get CA parts from nissan here. Much like the SR an n/a version came out in the states. It came in the pulsar nx. Parts wouldn't be any harder than getting sentra parts for the SR.

There's nothing wrong with old motors. You've just gotta keep a closer eye on them and give more tlc. Having an old motor has made me closer to my car if that makes sense.

Comment

u can get ca parts at autozone or anyother store. like he said a na version came out in the states. all parts for the ca are the same as na and det just. just the injectors are bigger in det the throttle body is bigger in na. i think the cams are a little bigger but dont quote me on it.

Comment

Thats easy SR20. Dont get me wrong but I like the CA but the SR has so much more potental. But do what you want not what others say is better at least youd be different

Comment

I am going CA18DET because I want to be different and I see no problem with having an engine that is a few years older then the SR red top. What car in the states did the CA18DE come in? I think I should know this seeing how I am going to be a CA owner. The years it came in would also be greatly appreciated.

Comment

sr20det all the way!

the sr20det has a huge power potential.. i know of ppl who have a 400rwhp sr20det on stock internals(ernie fixmer) and still relaible with nothing liek pistons or rods etc.. thats what i think and u aare safer with gonig sr cuz of the newer they motor the more info u can get on how it was used...

just my 2psi.

Comment

The CA18DET internals can handle a bit over 300 hp. The stock turbo (Garret T25) can handle a maximum 270 hp on a CA18DET if the engine is tuned the way i should...

300 hp in an S13 is ALOT of power!

Comment

Working...
                              X