• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SR20VET question..

I want to get an SR20VET.

My options...

Red Top SR20DET

or Black Top SR20VET (S15)

Just want your opinions. I am planning on doing bolt on work on my motor. So I'm pretty much going to have to settle of a good motor. I think I can get both pretty cheap (under 3000 bucks for the VET).

Anyways, what are your opinions on the SR20VET? I really want the SR20VET.

I hear the 6-speed manual tranny has issues.

Matt.

the s15 doesnt have a sr20vet, its still a sr20det just has a hydroulic adjuster on the inlet cam just like the s14 sr20det

as far as i have seen the sr20vet only comes in fwd in the x trail

Comment

oh man....not another one.

First off if you want to ask questons especially for our opinons, you definitaly should be more detailed on your end. That way we could easily formulate our opinons without having to ask you questions back and forth. Go to Zilvia.net and you would get a 54 page flaming so just take and learn.

First off- List the chassis code and year of your car.
      The reason is if you plan to still driving on the road most states would require you to have the same year or newer engine as your chassis. This also resolves if you car would be obdI as in the S13 REDtop's case or obdII the s15 sr20det's case and less chance of headaches when doing wiring.

Second- What exactly are you planning to do with the car?
      If you just plan to daily drive it and what some power to back you up? I would just slap in a S13 redtop get the bolt ons and just get a S15's turbo then (intercooler, after mark. radiator, downpipe to catback, etc) but that then leads to the third.

How much are you willing to spend. Not many of us are born with a gold spoon in our mouths much less a silver one. Did you even consider that the s15 does not just bolt in? Most times you would need extra parts to swap it in just to get it in and running. Put more thought into you post it saves you alot of time instead of waiting for answers or opinons, or maybe go to a 240sx/Silvia specifiv forum. SEARCH!

http://srownersclub.com/faq/
      Last edited by Phoen_x; 08-19-2004, 12:30 AM.

Comment

No I'm a dumbass. I found out that the S15 came with a SR20DET...

Sorry.. Ignore my dumb *Censored**Censored**Censored*

Matt.

Comment

Working...
        X