S14 camber plates with lowered supsension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S14 camber plates with lowered supsension

I just bought a S14(1995) and it came with GAB suspension and Eibach prokit springs.

He never did anything about the camber, so I am looking into adjustable camber plates for the front. I would like to go with the TEINs because they are less expensive, but the cusco's would be ok if I have too.

I am wondering which camber plates will work with my GAB front suspension. I am having a hard time tracking down info for this application.

I talked with the guy at techno toy tuning about the camber plates, and he said they would not work with my setup because the car has been lowered. He said the spring perch would rub ( I think he meant the inside of the strut tower) and it would cause problems.

This confuses me because I have read about people with the KYB AGX, eibach prokit combo with camber plates. Did he think it was lowered more than it really is?

I really want to get my suspension stuff figured out soon. I think that the TEIN and cusco camber plates will work with the GAB shocks presuming the GAB's used stock mounting hardware, but this other problem confuses me also.

The answer to most of these problems is "go coilovers" which is great, but I don't have the money at this time.

If there is any info that I didn't post that you guys need to answer my question I will try to get it for you quickly.

Thanks

well you have a spring n shock combo so the top hat is just in a fixed position. idunno how you'd put a camber plate on there. but maybe you can. i havent messed with springs n shocks in a long long time

Comment

Well, they make camber plates for the struts, which I presume are meant to be adjustable. I would just like to get somebody's input who know about this stuff. Preferably somebody with a similar setup such as the KYB AGX's but with the same springs, or at least the same amount of lowering.

Comment

bump?

Comment

if your worried that they will rub.... just get wheel spacers

Comment

Working...
          X