window swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window swap

has anyone put the 180 side windows into a 240 ???

OK, Im not 100% sure about this but from what I understand these windows cannot be replaced without the trim that goes around them from the factory.

Most people (Like myself) have purchased these side glass pieces without the trim to mount them. Im not at the point where im ready to install mine yet tho

every person Ive asked has said Im SOL...but I havent tried it myself, so I cant vouch for the info 100%

if you hear anything post up the info

Comment

Yes the windows can be installed without too much hassle...if you let a window installer do the work. Otherwise without the blades they use to cut out windows, it's alot of work. The window seal kits are expensive, dealer oem is 105 each. You will need these seals to get the windows mounted.

Have I installed my 180sx windows yet, no but it's because I don't have the money (cuz of damn raised tuitions) for the professional to come by and install them yet. I have called around and no glass installer was able to get that window seal kit hence the dealer price above.

Comment

whats the difference between 240 glass and 180 glass? is it just for the JDM craze?

Comment

cool

I'll look into it at my local dealer and let you guys know how the install goes

BuSkiLlS: It says 180 on it...just a 'JDM Thang' I guess...

Comment

if you've gone to a dealership to get the 240 window replaced, they ask for 250 a window + window seals. For 250 you can get a set of 180sx windows. My 240 glass has a scratch in it and dirty/scratched glass gets on my nerves so I said why not.

Comment

arent the windows and seals 1 piece? or are you talking about buying the windows (180) new at the dealership?

I guess i could call huh?

Comment

is that per window or is the 250 both set?

Comment

wait is this the window that can move up and down or the one on hatchbacks that say 240 on the side

Comment

on hatchbacks

Comment

BTW where can I get "180sx" side windows??????

Comment

Originally posted by drfter_x
                        BTW where can I get "180sx" side windows??????
                        Attached Files

Comment

The dealer wanted 250 per quarter panel window. Granted they come with the moldings around the window, I only wanted the seal kit which includes the moldings. For bout 200 if you look you can find them on ebay. That's where I got mine. 200 for both 180sx windows, and each seal kit costs 105. They are the ones that say "180sx" if that's what this thread was originally about on fastbacks only.

Comment

thats the ones the ones that say 180sx on them there so JDM lol

Comment

Working...
                            X