Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Pulling Auto transmision

Gentlemen,

I am in need of some serious help! I am converting from auto to stick and need some help on removing the auto transmission that is currently on my car. A guy quoted me $400 to do the swap, but told me he would charge my only $200 if I did the removal. I jacked the car and from the looks of it, it seems pretty easy. Am I crazy or should I fork out the addtional $200. Any guidance and help would be greatly appricated

what car is it??? if its a s13 this is what you do jack the car up and put it on jack stands then place the jack under the tranny start unbolting the 12 13 or so bolts around the bell housing take the starter off undo the wires i think there is 3 or 4 on the tranny remove the center consoul and take off the shifter and the 4 bolts to the tranny from up top un bolt the driveshaft and remove it(u will have to get a 5speed one) un bolt the tranny crossmembers 4 bolts and start bringing the tranny back and down it wights about 75 pounds but one person cand do it and it should take around 2 hours by your self if i missed anything please some one add you might have to do something with the dipstick but im not sure about that.

Comment

1989 240sx

Comment

Get a Chiltons.

Comment

Since I am converting will I be needing some additional parts? ECU, Wire Harness, cluster. I am ready have my pedals, clutch & Tranny.

Comment

are you doing an engine swap? ie. ka --} sr? then the ecu will need to be changed ka to ka the ecu will work and the wiring harness the reverse is the only thing that doesnt just plug in the cluster is the same too

Comment

don't forget your hardline, master and slave cylinder, flywheel, the metal thing that goes behind the flywheel but between the block and tranny, also the rubber line that goes from the hardline to the slave or get a stainless line. If you also get a drill with a angle adapter, that'll help drill the holes. Going at it straight with a drill sucked big time.

Comment

thanks guys. Finnally done

Comment

Working...
                X