Power Band indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Band indicator

I was on some australian tuning site and i just happened to come across a device called a power band indicator....now is this just a waste of money or does it have other functions?becuase i know as soon as i hear the hissing and i start getting pushed back in my seat....thats my indicator

Don't do it... You're wasting your money...

I don't see how it would work. Maybe if you found a website that explained how it worked I would put the physics together and tell you if it does work or not...

Matt.

Comment

Yeah... if you can't figure out your own powerband, then I'm afraid you're an idiot.

Don't spend cash on it if all it does is blink green when your torque gets above 150lb-ft or some stupid crap like that.

Comment

On cars with a very linear powerband, it can be difficult to find the optimum rpm range because the acceleration is so smooth. But with just a cheap g-tech, you can see what rpm range gives you the most g-force, and I'm almost positive you'll know someone who has one.

Comment

once you find your rev band, if you can't remember it, or want something easier to look at, I'd suggest running a thin strip of tape from the centre of the tach out to the rpm you don't want to go under.

I recently raced a car where the team did this for the temps and pressures (ie. a line at 220 F for water temp, so it would be easier to see if it's over). It could have the same application for a tach and your minimum rpm that you want...

Comment

I'd have to agree with the others. It doesn't take long till you know where you've got power and where you don't. If you're clueless, do a little searching online and see if you can find some dyno charts of your car/engine or as close as you can get to it. Check out the rpm ranges where the peak hp is at. You could even go and dyno your own car if you wanted and don't mind spending a little cash to do so.

The last post is interesting. Where the power really starts to hit, put a piece of tape there. Then try to shift down whenever the tach goes below that.

Comment

Working...
            X