drifting upgrades for a 1980 corolla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drifting upgrades for a 1980 corolla

i know i have asked a question pretty much the same as this but i still didnt get the info i was looking for.... i got told that there was little aftermarket behind this car but i didnt get told how or where to get hp out of this car, and about suspension upgrades....by the way thanks especially to soultron for the advice.....but what i need to know is where do i go or what do i do to get more hp out of it...it is a 1980 corolla hatch...im willin to do a motor swap if it is in best interest....maybe a a silvia s14 engine and tranny...crossbreedin but if it works it works...maybe a nissan z out of a 87 nissan pickup...btw it is a 5-speed

Might want to talk to the guys at Toysport (www.toysport.com) -- they were probably one of the few companies modifying toyotas when your car came out and they are still around.

Comment

You're welcome, but remember, you can't do anything with more power until that suspension changes a bit. You have a 20+ year old car, it's a safe bet it's not it top shape under there. So far I did just shocks and wheels and tires to my car (1985) and I am now able to take turns so much better. The best part is most of the suspension stuff will only put the car down for the afternoon. And you will feel a change if you drive your car alot.
      Have you tried the car out as it is?

(By the by, I was raised in richmond county N.C)

Comment

Working...
      X