Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help starting new engine

hey,
    I am trying to start my new redtop for the first time. I have absolutely no spark. I pulled the leading clip off of the ignitor chip to check for any juice but there is none. I don't know when there should or shouldn't be power to those terminals or which ones.

Has anyone had this problem when starting an sr. any leads would be nice i am at a stand still.

thanks
    fstfenx

You should be getting ignition when you try to start the motor and when the motor is running. If you're not getting power to the spark plugs, check the distributor, and then the coil, and so on as you move up the line. Testing things along the line won't be as fruitful as methodically testing components.

Across the board, a motor not starting will either be compression, fuel delivery, or ignition. Unless you're positive that it's a lack of spark you're getting, you may want to check your ecu or fuel delivery. You may also want to try priming your engine to see if it will even pop or turn over.

I myself am not particurlarly knowledgable about SRs, but there is an army of enthusiasts out there who are. I would reccomend carluchmotorsports.com

Hope this helps, or that you've fixed it.

Comment

The SR does not have a distributor but that is a definate way to do it for distributor driven motors. Check the CAS that is located where the distributor would be and make sure it is doing ok. Get the S14 SR manual off zilvia.net and use it. It is good for most S13 SR problems especially pertaining to values for ignition components.

Comment

Working...
      X