Things To Take With You When Drifting And Precautionary Meausures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things To Take With You When Drifting And Precautionary Meausures

Just felt like making a thread for the newbie drifters (Me) and people who will soon take the step into drifting. A few things you should take when going out practicing or going to the track to do your thang:

1. Bottle Of Coolant
    2. Distilled Water
    3. Small ToolKit
    4. Drinking Water
    5. Motor Oil
    6. Extra Set Of Tires
    7. Cell Phone
    8. Jack, Jackstands & Creeper
    9. Cash, Liscense, Etc
    10. Helmet

Feel Free To Add.

Also when your going out there be sure to watch your temp guages, When I first went out I didn't care or know much about my motor, all I did was wanted to have fun, then I blew some hoses and messed it up some, its fixed now and I carefully watch it.

Remember your normal cooling temperature spot (i.e. halfway or 1/4) and watch it, if it goes up like 15 % stop and let it cool. Remember heaters will cool your car down faster. Everytime after I do my runs I blast my heater and It fully cools my car down. Also when your cycling through runs check your coolant level and top it off with distilled water, also do a quick check on your other fluid levels.

Watch your gas level and oil pressure as well. You don't want to mess up your motor or run out of gas when your at the track, I usually bring a 5 gallon tank of gas, but remember to go off to an area where no cars are at, usually alot of people smoke, haha.

Also remember to ask for tips from the instructors, they are there for a reason, don't go out there and think you can tear it up when your just making a fool of yourself, you get better by learning from people that are more experienced not by just throwing your car around like a madman!

Well I just felt I had to say this because I've had my experiences before and I don't want people to F up there cars like I did!

Peace out and happy drifting

-Andrew

extra lugnuts, jumper cables

Comment

yes while at a track. I don't want ot be dragging all that *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* with me if i'm drifting on the street

Comment

chains or a rope to tow your car if you dont have AAA or dont wanna spend big money on paying for a tow that wont really get you anywhere.

Comment

Duck tape!

Comment

zip ties

Comment

Originally posted by PhoPower
              chains or a rope to tow your car if you dont have AAA or dont wanna spend big money on paying for a tow that wont really get you anywhere.
              Yeah, If someone breaks down at a track even while i'm there i'll let them use my AAA towing probably

-Andrew

Comment

well for us 180/silvia owners:

19mm socket
                17mm socket
                14mm socket
                19mm box end wrench
                17mm box end wrench
                14mm box end wrench
                spare tension rod
                spare lower control arms

flashlight
                cargo strap

Comment

also for you guys with SRs in 240s, dont trust the damn stock gauge, the gauge will let you know the cars overheating AFTER the damn thing already blew up. this from experience, use KA temp sensor!

Comment

i used bailing wire, duck tape, and wire ties to hold my front end up after i crashed. Now i don't go anywhere without it. oh and a Super Gulp from 7-eleven helps.

Comment

CB Radios are a big thing in Japan for drifters... CB Radios cut down on cost of Cell phones to call people with...

Matt.

Comment

How about bring a car that MEETS OR EXCEEDS tech reqirements of venue holders and the track (if aplicable)!!!!!

It allways amazes me how many people fail tech each event I tech at and are told to fix it and come back.

Comment

LovMufn, would you suggest tightening the battery and taping the positive/red terminal?

Comment

Bike pump and tire pressure gauge

Comment

what exactly does it take to pass tech...at the us drift nationals in charlotte they didnt really inspect i dont think...i think they checked for the battery thing but that is about it....i owuld like to know if anyone knows or how i can find out cause i dont want to get to one and not passb

Comment

Working...
                              X