Seat Question...cant think of a better topic name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Question...cant think of a better topic name

Alright, my 240sx's front seats are pretty worn down and thrashed. I have considered replacing them with Skyline GTR r34 or r33 seats, but to me IMO, they are overpriced for used seats. I have thought about replacing them with S14 seats, but I am looking in the long run. I am thinking about trying out autocross next year so I am looking for a racing seat to hold me in place.
    I remember Sports Compact Car did a issue with a bunch of seats that showed the sizing charts and what tests they passed. Does anyone here remember the month and year of the issue? If not, is there a website that you can direct me to that has a bunch of seats listed with sizing charts? I'm also going to a couple shops later to try sitting in some seats myself, but I want to look around on the net first....

Thanx in advance

I would actually recommend you save up and spend a good ammount of money on a good seat. It makes a big difference. If you were going for all out racing then you'd want a seat that is made to fit your body (as in you provide the specs for the width, etc). But if the car will see daily driving duty then you might be better off going with a more comfortable seat (mass produced style) since its easier to get in and out of the car. Really up to you, but if you have to live with the crappy stock seats for a while (while you save up) I say its worth it. I'm still dealing with my crappy stock seats hahaha,

Comment

lol yea i agree...everyone has told me to save up for a really good seat. I'm leaning towards Recaro or Bride.....anyway anyone have the month and year of that SCC issue?

Comment

its all about the sparco spring/speed. Best upgrade I ever did. 205 if you look for the seller on club4ag, and just make your own brackets if you know how to weld.

Comment

woohoo, found it.

december 2003
          vol.15 no.12

it has like 73 seats, all with different comparisons with all different sized drivers in them. in sure you can find one close enough to your body type.

Comment

I typed up that seat guide somewhere around here.
            Oh, here it is: http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...C&pagenumber=2

Gimme a week and I can give you impressions on the Sparco Sprint. (I'm 5'11", 155lbs, with a 30-32 waist) I also might be able to get you the hookups on low-rider Sparco sliders that will increase headroom.

Comment

thanx for the info guys...it helps a lot :-D

Comment

The tenzo Rally-2 seats are really comfortable and they look good they are like 240 a piece

Comment

if you end up going into racing leagues or something, the tenzo probably wont be able to be run becaues they arent FIA approved.

Comment

I got my Sparco Sprint yesterday. I can't put it in my car yet as I don't have the bracket yet, but it's very snug on me. A buddy of mine who's 5'9" or so and 220lbs had one in his G20 and said it was great even on long road trips. I can't wait.

Comment

sparco sprints are comfortable...
                      if you really want those skyline seats you can always check out Up Garage...they sell it for a decent price..
                      Bride's are too damn expensive but the quality is good and yeah they are comfortable too!
                      Bride Zeta II's kick!

Comment

I'm 6'2 165 and Bride Zeta II type-L fits perfectly. I love it. Ya i know its impossible to find now, but the Zeta III Type-L also fits me good... little wide though since im a skinny *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* .

Recaro SPG fits a lot like my Zeta II L, but they also come in a large size, which i would image then fits like a Zeta III L. But these are also rare and pricey.

Sparco Evo/Pro2000/Monza (?) is a good alternative and with minimal effort, they can sit as low as a Bride, just order Bride FG rails.

Also something to consider.... now Bride makes their line of "___" III seats in "LOW MAX" versions. HOT! They sit you on the ground!

Comment

Hey PG, do you know if you can take off the side-mount plates from a Bride Type-FG rail and make it fit a Sparco bottom-mount?

Comment

I tried to sit inside of a purpose built race seat once... I got stuck... I have a big butt...

DOH... Get one that fits.

Matt.

Comment

Working...
                            X