j30 lsd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• j30 lsd

hello i just was wondering if anyone has swithched out there open diff. to a infinity j30 it is suppose to be a direct fit to a 95+ 240.if anyone can help me i want to do this but dont know costs,and also was just wondering if it really worked. and if it is a notable difference when sideways.

Im not really sure but I think you have to change the output shafts. If it was me id just change to a 240 lsd and save the trouble.Hope I could help.

Comment

there are none avalible here. i am going to use a z32 nontt. it is a direct fit. and same gear ratio as 240.i was wondering though thanks man.

Comment

go to 240sx.org and theres a write up on this. if you need one let me know i just brought in a pallet of them. i can fedex them out np.

Comment

I have a 95 240 also, and put in the j30 lsd in my car. fits perfect. you will need the halfshafts from the j30, but most of the time they come with it anyways. no fitment problems, no cutting off and inch of the driveshaft, or any of that b.s. just change out the fluid, put new fluid in, and bolt it up. (this is for 95+ j30)

for the 300zx, it has a different bolt pattern on the halfshafts, and will not bolt up. the 240 has 6 boltholes in 3 pairs of 2, and the 300zx has a 5 star pattern. you will need to get viscous halfshafts from another 240 or from nissan, but for that price you could buy 2 j30's. (200+ for lsd, 300 for halfshafts form nissan)

the j30 does have a slightly higher final drive, not very noticeable, but if you pay attention, it is there. we tried to take the final drive out and put the 240 gear in, but there was too much play in the teeth, the j30 gear was much larger (fatter) than the 240, so we put it back and bolted it up. running great after 2.5 good weeks of drifting/roadracing.

as a side note, the j30 (95+) will also work on the s13's if you put your stock rear diff. cover on the j30 diff.

Comment

oh, and how does it feel? man, you'll wonder why you waited, it's so nice. the rear, while being harder at first to break loose, feels much more predictable, and the overall drift is much smoother, with a point where the tires actually grip and push you foward out of the drift. much more control, your throttle inputs actually do something instead of making that one tire spin helplessly.

It's funny, after I put in the lsd, I did a track day at the texas motor speedway infield, and imediately noticed much more traction, and I could get on the gas much earlier. I couldn't drift it that well though. the next weekend, I pretty much started from scratch, going by the drift bible, and a post form fresh alloy, and noticed imediate improvement in the drift aspect. and now that I'm getting used to it, it's easier to drift instead of harder.

here's that thread (I think...)

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthre...e#Post67456222
            Help a drifting newbie out!

Comment

Originally posted by VuDuDoc
              go to 240sx.org and theres a write up on this. if you need one let me know i just brought in a pallet of them. i can fedex them out np.
              sweet i will take a 95 j30 if u got one. how much are u askin tho.

Comment

i dont have the J30's i have the ,89-93 180sx VLSD's,94-96 with output shafts, R32 and R33 VLSD's.

Comment

how much for the 95 with the shafts?vlsd right

Comment

A word of advice. I had my 180sx VLSD for about 4 months and got rid of it.

You will learn with it yes.

You will find that you come off the track or home from a night of fun and see that one of your tires will be burnt up.

VLSDs open when you push them too hard.

Comment

they are 250 and what ever to ship it.

Comment

Originally posted by StanBo_IFX
                        A word of advice. I had my 180sx VLSD for about 4 months and got rid of it.

You will learn with it yes.

You will find that you come off the track or home from a night of fun and see that one of your tires will be burnt up.

VLSDs open when you push them too hard.

i think yours was fUKEd up my fellow drifter

Comment

Originally posted by nrgdrft
                          i think yours was fUKEd up my fellow drifter
                          Nah it was great. When we first started.

Then after multiple runs it went to *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*.

Sentra guys have the same problem but it happens way faster. You are using a liquid filled lsd. It looses it's properties as you continue to beat on it.

Sentra's loose theirs quicker because of the FWD layout and the extra heat from the engine.

I also sold it to a friend and it is still kick *Censored**Censored**Censored*.

I have a 2 way clutch type now it is fun.

Comment

Working...
                          X