Does AWD have torque steer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does AWD have torque steer?

Like the title suggests, do AWD cars have torque steer? And are all AWD cars based on FWD?

Many modern AWD cars started as FWD like volvos, evos, etc. But I do know for sure that a Subaru, designed from the start to be AWD, has a longitudinal layout like RWD, as does the Skyline GTR. Don't know about torque steer, although I'm sure it is much less noticeable than FWD.

Comment

Re: Does AWD have torque steer?

Originally posted by flamingheads
      Like the title suggests, do AWD cars have torque steer? And are all AWD cars based on FWD?
      Speaking from expeirence with my WRX, no and no

Comment

It depends on the Dave Point of the car.

Torque steer depends on the plane where the upperarms meet the lower arms. Depending on where that plane meets the road, you can get no torque steer to tons of torque steer. This is dependant of your car's suspension geometry.

Matt.

Comment

a R34 skyline is a RWD based AWD. It uses the RWD properties upon launch, and uses the front wheels if it senses lose ot grip in the rear tires. But it also have the most technological AWD system on the planet.

Comment

Cool thanks. I was just curious was all. My friend is thinking of gettig an older AWD turbo liberty so i thought itd be good to know.

Comment

yeah, I drove a friend's WRX, and when I got on the throttle hard, it didn't seem to pull either way... hell of a car too... I'd have one in a second.

Comment

Working...
              X