what could I od besides turbo or super

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what could I od besides turbo or super

I have 4k saved up and I was going to buy a flying miata stage 1 supercharger for my 1996 Mazda miata, but now Im having second thoughts. Is there anything else I can do? Right now I have Jackson racing headers, jackson racing cat, HKS exhaust cannister, AEM cold air intake, aftermarket clutch, and flywheel. The car is pretty fast but I want a little more out of it. Is there another mod that I dont know about? I dont want to replace my 1.8L motor or anything I just want to feel a little more all around power.

high comp pistons, ported head w/ valvetrain upgrade,cams, individual throttle bodies- that should give you the power you're looking for plus individual throttle bodies sound awsome.

Comment

IRTB's won't give you the power you can get from a Supercharger or Turbo.

Have you checked www.brperformance.net yet?

Search www.miataforum.com

Comment

Originally posted by theflatlander
        high comp pistons, ported head w/ valvetrain upgrade,cams, individual throttle bodies- that should give you the power you're looking for plus individual throttle bodies sound awsome.
        This sounds very good actually. If some engine builder gave me the suggestion, I'd consider this. But I think a supercharger or a turbo will cost you less as labor costs alot...

Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuner
          IRTB's won't give you the power you can get from a Supercharger or Turbo.

Have you checked www.brperformance.net yet?

Search www.miataforum.com
          well of course i know that but it doesn't sound like he's looking for gobs of power and i just recommended n/a tune 'cuase i've seen these things in action before and just love the sound.

Comment

True, but for the price of a nice N/A tune, he could have a Turbo.

Here's some pics of my friend Peter's Miata

Comment

yea i say go with the NA tuning upgrade route, ive seen some pretty fast miatas on the streets that are NA. oh yea, you should upgrade the fuel too(injectors, bigger fuel pump, ecu(standalone or piggyback)

Comment

yeah i agree with nasty nate 7 i went all out with NA on my 4age and i think its worth is rather than going turbo. but it is your decision and your car

Comment

Originally posted by Tuner
                  True, but for the price of a nice N/A tune, he could have a Turbo.

Here's some pics of my friend Peter's Miata

now that is a nice miata , I give 2 thumbs up.

Comment

whats with the front end? it look like a fish. not trashing it or anything but it is different. Do you know any sites that sell the front?

Comment

Originally posted by zerodrifter
                      whats with the front end? it look like a fish. not trashing it or anything but it is different. Do you know any sites that sell the front?
                      It's the PitCrew Racing Nose

www.pitcrew-racing.com

Here's a full shot

Comment

how's his low end? lol.

those are some short intake runners. peak torque must be right around the moon.

Comment

There's a point where modification will end, and practice will have to begin. The car is only as fast as its driver and if you have a fast car, the more practice it will take to drive that car at the limit consistntly. I have a friend who just got a new mazdaspeed miata and he's an awesome driver, but he hasn't done anything to the car except add a boost gauge because he wants to learn to drive the car at the limit before he moves the limit to a point much harder and more risky to attain safely. Do you get what I'm saying? Sorry if it's vauge.

Comment

i would like to offer to help you in your quest for power as i am an experienced miata builder. I was the first in the country to turbo a miata with factory mazda parts, i also got my miata to run a 13.8 in the quarter with only my porting done to it. so any way you choose to go wether it be super, turbo, or n/a i can help. I will be starting my own business of building spec miata's and drift miata's next summer. you can call me if you would like help or info 530-314-9530 -Gabe-

Comment

Originally posted by VWTECH
                              i would like to offer to help you in your quest for power as i am an experienced miata builder. I was the first in the country to turbo a miata with factory mazda parts, i also got my miata to run a 13.8 in the quarter with only my porting done to it. so any way you choose to go wether it be super, turbo, or n/a i can help. I will be starting my own business of building spec miata's and drift miata's next summer. you can call me if you would like help or info 530-314-9530 -Gabe-
                              So you took a stock miata or a turbo miata with porting only and ran in the 13's?

Comment

Working...
                              X