AE86 turbo/engine? opinions???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AE86 turbo/engine? opinions???

Hey all me and a fellow freiend were thinking of being drift/auto-x twins;with same engine and such.

Well when it came to engine ideas we were thinking what would be more cost affective/practical to do

Try and make the stock blue top low compression and graft a talon turbo on it (not sure of model from the early tsi model)...

.....Or to build up a gze and do the full engine swap

thoughts?? opinions??? other ideas? please try and keep this topic...... i notice most threads get into other talk/taken over ?

just from what I've seen in road racing, the most reliable forced-induction engines are those that came that way from the factory. I would suggest going with the supercharged gze, which would give excellent response in low rpm situations (like in auto-x). I've seen the gze in a few AW11 MR2's, and they were FAST. I am not sure how well a turbo would work with the gze as a base (I am guessing boost is boost, and a turbo wouldn't be much harder, if at all, over a supercharger).

maybe you should ask this in the "ask alex phieffer (sp?) something" thread, as I think he's run a turbo '86 before (not sure though, and too lazy to search). I hope my minimal effort helped a bit!

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm
      just from what I've seen in road racing, the most reliable forced-induction engines are those that came that way from the factory. I would suggest going with the supercharged gze, which would give excellent response in low rpm situations (like in auto-x). I've seen the gze in a few AW11 MR2's, and they were FAST. I am not sure how well a turbo would work with the gze as a base (I am guessing boost is boost, and a turbo wouldn't be much harder, if at all, over a supercharger).

maybe you should ask this in the "ask alex phieffer (sp?) something" thread, as I think he's run a turbo '86 before (not sure though, and too lazy to search). I hope my minimal effort helped a bit!

sweet deal thanx for your input do u know what alex phieffer user name is i tried searchin no luck

Comment

go here:

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=7335

Comment

Working...
        X