ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you turn off Super Hicas on a 240SX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To remove Hicas its pretty straight foward..

U need a Hicas Lock kit.. they retail for about 190 AU

ITs simply a solid metal bar that replaces the mechanical unit at the rear of your diff.. ur HICAS light will remain on but meh what can you do.. here is a example of a HICAS lock Kit.

Sorry about the small pic.. but it was all i could find on such short notice.

Comment

i have a HICAS car and i drift it fine. once you kick your clutch or yank your e-brake, hicas cant do much from keeping them from sliding. the torque of the KA is plenty to overcome hicas if you get the hang of it. only thing is since the hicas model has steering angle sensors on the steering wheel, you cant change the hub out for a nardi or momo or anything. completely different and you have to leave the factory wheel. sucks for me cuz i bang my knees on the wheel when i heel-toe all the time. pretty annoying. yeah get the non-hicas if possible, but at least hicas comes with a decent begginers LSD, whereas the non-hicas you will fork over a hefty ammount of dough for an LSD. the choice is yours!
      i prefer the hicas since i do some mountain carving too and no im not some crazy touge fool who drifts every turn out there. hicas is awsome for grip driving.
      choose wisely!

Comment

ae86shinchu: what you are saying is true.. but for more advanced drifting and entries such as Feint or as some people call it Scando flick, HICAS is not desireable. Its also a pain in the *Censored**Censored**Censored* for high speed (3rd gear) trail braking entries as well !

I am not sure what the situation is like in the USA, and we dont have the KA24DE motor in any of our S13, 14, or 15's, but both the HICAS and Non-HICAS equipt cars, come with a semi decent begginers LSD. even if they dont, its very easy to lock the diff up.. this is a very good and cheap alternative for a drift diff. but will make it a pig for daily driving and twisties.

I have done track work and Mountain runs (GRIP) with and without hicas and i can happily say i preffer no HICAS, I feel that the steering has a bit more feedback with HICAS disabled and makes the car a little more predictable on the limit..

Thats my personal opinion anyways.

P.S forgive my poor spelling and grammatical skillz. its late !

Comment

thats cause you aussies get the 2nd best dibbs on the best cars!
          in the US we dont get LSD on a 240 (200 for you guys) unless its a fastback s13 with hicas, or an s14 with ABS. both are a bit on the rare side.

and i can agree with you on the no hicas in the mountains. i love the raw feel of my ae86 sometimes. but the hicas gives me a certain boost of confidence. call me "inexperienced", but it just feels good. but yes i do feel a bit of hesitation on turn in sometimes. perhaps i'll look into one of these lock-out kits one of these days...
          curses to you aussies and your s15's!
          i saw a few when i was in perth last year. i was drooling in public.
          btw i love your country and i should be back there again sometime soon. look for the USS John C. Stennis (yeah the one that put all the whore houses out of biz a little over a year ago hahaha! wasnt me!)

Comment

Hahaha.. i have a few mates in wa and over there regularly for work... its funny how the entire city gose into party mode as soon as the warships get in.. for a town over 1.5 million peeps i find that strange lol.. all i can say is lucky you..

We are pretty lucky when it comes the the jap car scene, we have got most of the decent nissans avilable to us here .. but u got to rember over here.. lowest u will find a Turbo S13 in CA or SR variant is around 6,000 au.. my 1993 S13 Silvia SR20DET 5 spd set me back a cool 12 grand lol..

Oh wells.. you win some.. u loose some lol.

BTW here is a pic of a S15 my team drifts for promo purposes for one of our sponsors. Thought u might be intrested if u like S15's

its a CWEST Wide Body JGTC edition S15

http://www.fulllock.com/Gojira/whiteS15e.jpg

its a decent sized pic so go to the link lol.

PS that kit is worth around 20 grand AU

Comment

...i would have that car's children.
              i'm actually considering re-enlisting and going to japan just to pick up an S15. incredible car. i like it better than a supra. and 12 grand to you is like... what, 9 or 10 to us? i would pay 9 for an sr20 powered s13 if it was completely legal. here we have to duck and dodge emmisions and all. really a pain for anyone that just wants the correct engine for the s13/14. stupid KA's... whats this thread about again? oh yeah hicas! i thought i read that the S15 comes with hicas? no? i have really been reading up on them. a company might also be grey marketing them to the US soon also. might cost us about $30 large to get it, but... if you want something bad enough...
              so how far is melbourne from sydney? i know nothing about austrailia's geography (obviously). what'd you expect from a yank, anyways? haha "GIMME A FAWSTAH's, MATE!" actually it was wierd in perth. guys were buying us beers just because we were american! you guys (and gals!!) are really good to us. i dont know why but i think its cool. for the same reason i try to be just as welcoming to aussie's here in the states. okay i need sleep now haha
              Last edited by ae86shinchu; 12-22-2003, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Hehehe... Melbourne is about 800 k's from sydney down the coast.

BTW S15's have no hicas..

and we pay between 25 and 30 K for S15's over here lol..

As for hospiltality.. we are possibly coming over to compete in the WDC in 2004 .. so hopefully you guys can shout us a few Budz or Miller's, while we are over there

Comment

WDC? well, whatever that is, if you are in LA or san diego area, this bud's for you! haha man there has got to be something better than budwieser. thats redneck stuff! MGD is okay i guess. just bring some assuie ladies and i'll buy you a couple cases!! hahaha
                  okay i really really need some sleep.

Comment

HICAS lock kit?

I want the best of both worlds. I would like to keep my HICAS for foothill driving and disable it for country road drifting. Where can I get the HICAS lock kit and how hard is it to put it on and take it off, or can it be done?

Comment

u could get

this

Comment

Working...
                      X