brake bias?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake bias?!?

I was wondering if any of you guys are using brake controllers for pressure. if so how do you set them up? is it only a necesity if you upgrade one end without doing the other to even them out or do you have a strategy for trail braking or weight transfering with brake pressure? does it effect abs alot?

best option I can say is test it yourself. Like anything in a car that's adjustable, you should learn how to adjust it yourself, and learn what effect each change has.

If you have an in-cockpit adjustment knob, and it says "more pressure" one way, and "less pressure" another way, turning the knob to "more pressure" will increase the amount of brake bias to the rear of the car.

The more rear brake bias you have, the better the car will turn in, and the easier it will be to initiate a drift. The more front brake bias you have, the higher the tendency to lock up a front wheel, and understeer. Personally, for circuit use, I like it so the rears just start to lock up a little before the fronts. That way I can feel it starting to lock, and modulate the brakes, whereas a front tire will lock suddenly and flat-spot immediately. For drifting, I suggest going to a drift day, and if you know your car well, just start adding more and more bias to the rear, and then just see what setting works best for your driving style and your car.

Comment

Generally for drifting you run more front bias then you would normaly. Reason being is most of the time you use your brakes you are sideways. Now the more rear brake you have the more it wants to straighten out the car. So you run more front bias and use your ebrake to control how much you ether want the car to straighten out or stay sideways. Basicly use your ebrake as the rear brake and the fronts work mostly off of the pedal.
      BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Now the more rear brake you have the more it wants to straighten out the car.
        you have to remember thats what you'd want when you're at an expert level, and have huge drift angles. This guy is just starting out, so he should play with different bias' to see what it feels like. Also, he's not likely to be at the point where he can use the handbrake to adjust the angle of the car...

I am used to road racing, where a rear brake bias will make the car tail-happy when it's in a straight line. Never been able to test a car with brake bias when drifting... but I guess if the tires aren't close to locking, I could see how that might work.

Comment

Working...
        X