Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Vs Twin Plate Clutch

Hi,
    I'm trying to decide whether to go with a single or twin plate clutch on my new drift car. I have never used a twin plate clutch, but figure it would be a good match for a torquey drift car. I have also heard that a twin plate clutch will pay for itself over time in cheap and easy rebuilds.
    What do you guys think?

yes but if you really have a torquey drift car i would probably go with a triple plate 3 puck unsprung URAS clutch. that will give you good pedal feel while staying streetable.

Comment

Originally posted by chmercer
      yes but if you really have a torquey drift car i would probably go with a triple plate 3 puck unsprung URAS clutch. that will give you good pedal feel while staying streetable.
      have you ever driven this clutch?

Comment

how much hp is your car have and how much torque does this "torquey" car have. if you tell me those than i could give u a better opinion. just gustimate.

about the uras clutch, i wouldnt get it, even though the sprung hub keeps it somewhat streetable, its still a triple plate clutch

Comment

The car isn't completed yet but it should have around 390hp and torque should be a little over 400 lb. -ft.

Comment

damn, what kinda car is that, and id go with a twin plate, i personally had an exedy twin plate with a center sprung hub, and it was amazing. id recommend the exedy tiwn plate with sprung hub

Comment

Great thanks for the advice. Is this one here a good deal?http://www.store.yahoo.com/phase2mot...ulclutkit.html
              or do you know any other good places to buy one?

Comment

Working...
              X