• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ae86 or silvia?

ae86 or silvia?

silvia or ae86 ummmmmm silvia!!!!!!!!!

Comment

It's personal taste...

AE86s aren't going to have lots of power. Even if you do 4AGZE and drop on a turbo, you're still not going to have gobs and gobs of power. But this car is a cult car of drifting. Keiichi made sure it was...

S13, S14s are relatively cheap, abundant, and have tons of aftermarket support. Everyone who checks these forums already know how much power these engines are capable of and what these cars can do.

FC3S, FD3S are expensive to deal with. Well the FC3Ss aren't that bad, but have fun with the rotaries. Make sure you have friends or shops who know what they're doing when you do anything more than bolt-ons. FC3S has a tough to drift rear suspension also from what I understand. 13Bs aren't very durable either...

Matt.

Comment

id go with the silvia. they are pretty cheap and have a huge selection of aftermarket parts. but like craftsmen said, its all about personal taste. although ae86's dont preduce much power id still like to have one. but between the silvia and ae86 id go with the silvia. but what do i know?

Comment

Ahh, the infamous "What-Car-Should-I-Choose-Guys-I-Don't-Want-To-Move-My-*Censored**Censored**Censored*-And-Check-It-Myself". Jesus, how many of those?

Alright, back to the topic: as Craftsman wrote, the 86's not going to have lots of power, but that's not the point for a driftcar. Most of the 86's in D1 for example have around 200HP and are mostly naturally aspirated. As you can see, it's not about a badass turbo or fat torque, but about the balance of a free-revving 4AGE (redtop hi-comp + Keihin carbs or ITB's, mmmph ) connected to a car that is lightweight, cheap, and has TONS of aftermarket potential (from air filters to sick J-Blood carbon doors), just like the Silvia. And one more thing: please don't choose the 86 as a driftcar only because of the cartoons with guys racing with R32's and winning it... I personally like Initial D (I have all the episodes ), but choosing a car like that is ridiculous.

I won't say much about the Silvia, because most of the guys here at drifting.com know more than an assembler in a Japanese factory.

I hope you choose the 86 and convert it to a true drifter's car.

Regards,
          D.

Comment

i just got me a ae86 and i mean like everyone said its more maintanence and wayyy more expensive den a silvia,... although i love silvias as well ae86's are getting harder and or more expensive to get! but for a fact in the later future hachi rokus are gonna be more looked for since they are basically the car that people started to drift with and is still competing with big 500hp turbo cars... so like they said its not about power...

Comment

wow even though drak star posted some bs on my thread he has a good point the hachi roku has won di champin ships. and i am a intial d fan too

Comment

wait i ment the u dont need a lot of power to drift.the hachi that won d1 had 200hp

Comment

Originally posted by epicz
                  wait i ment the u dont need a lot of power to drift.the hachi that won d1 had 200hp
                  That's twice than stock output

Comment

Doesn't matter how much is it if you can't use it! It's not like everybody wants to have power and torque, I've heard an opinion that some of the 86 freaks in Japan would prefer a mildly tuned 140HP bluetop with TVIS (Toyota Variable Intake System*) 16 valve over a stock blacktop (20 Valve with ITB's). It all depends on the driving preferences and purpuses the car is being built for.

Epicz, as for your topic, please, do not make such ones in the future. This kind of threads pisses me off, really...

1* A system using secondary intake ports for each cylunder to deliver more air in the higher rpm ranges for better engine characteristics...

EDIT: Corrected mistake

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
                      Doesn't matter how much is it if you can't use it! It's not like everybody wants to have power and torque, I've heard an opinion that some of the 86 freaks in Japan would prefer a mildly tuned 140HP bluetop with TVIS (Toyota Variable Intake System*) 16 valve over a stock blacktop (20 Valve with ITB's). It all depends on the driving preferences and purpuses the car is being built for.

Epicz, as for your topic, please, do not make such ones in the future. This kind of threads pisses me off, really...

1* A system using secondary intake ports for each cylunder to deliver more air in the higher rpm ranges for better engine characteristics...

EDIT: Corrected mistake
                      well for any one who cares go to my thread and tell this kid that hes wrong for even posting on it.look at this post im quoting do u see tech names yes yes u do im sure some plp dont know wut that shiz is i get asked that all the time and i thoght it would be helpfull if i just made the thread for plp who want to learn and mabey i could pick up some stuff also.and u act like its in ur face like a pop up if u dont like the post just hit back wtf is ur problem the title was very clear "engine codes and body codes"why did u click on it.or do u just like talking *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*.

Comment

hahah they're at it again well i'd go with a silvia and get a s15 front end conversion. also they are easier to matain than the hachi.

Comment

What makes the Hachi so hard to maintain exactly? It should be easier than maintaining any turbo car. A little N/A 1.6 DOHC that seems to last forever doesn't seem like a lot of maintenance. Am I missing something here?

Comment

wow even though drak star posted some bs on my thread he has a good point the hachi roku has won di champin ships. and i am a intial d fan too
                            well for any one who cares go to my thread and tell this kid that hes wrong for even posting on it.look at this post im quoting do u see tech names yes yes u do im sure some plp dont know wut that shiz is i get asked that all the time and i thoght it would be helpfull if i just made the thread for plp who want to learn and mabey i could pick up some stuff also.and u act like its in ur face like a pop up if u dont like the post just hit back wtf is ur problem the title was very clear "engine codes and body codes"why did u click on it.or do u just like talking *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*.
                            Excuse me, what did you just say???? I mean, not in a mad tone either, what did you really just say? I can't understand one bit of it. Is this leet or some kind of Klingon dialect only known in the Gamma region of Altus 9?

im 14 but i have cars in my blood
                            This may be your problem. Young people get so excited and they tend to use this strange speech, perform some nasty run on sentencing and get aggitated easily when confronted. Like a kid after eating a bag of Halloween candy.

Here's some advice, before you go off on someone, try checking yourself first. Nothing looks more stupid than someone trying to bust on somebody with a gibberish post. Try spelling things correctly, punctuating and just generally making sense, you'll get much more respect when posting that way.
                            Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 09-21-2004, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Is it just me or does the "URBAN" culture have trouble spelling easy words? Just speak regular English!! As for the car, I suggest you get a 240. It is alot easier to maintain and easier to drift in. The ae86 has recently getting way out of hand when it comes to theyre price, so just get a cheap 5spd 240 and your set!

PS-Darkstar, start taking your meds again, you get angry at posts.

Comment

Working...
                              X