CA pass smog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA pass smog?

I've read alot of post about the SR not being able to pass smog without some sort of "hook up" or a KA motor swap but, the pulsar came with a CA motor, so if I swap in a CA18DET into my 240, will it pass smog? Are there any tricks that will make it work?
    Last edited by Drk_drftr; 09-14-2004, 09:51 PM.

That's a good question. I'd find out what keeps the sr20det from being antismog. Since, "inifiniti"(nissan) puts the sr20de in their "g20"(primera) over here (the states). so i dunno man. i'd look into it, or maybe move to florida, we're pretty hospitable.

Comment

I'm sure if you don't pass emissions than you can change to an aftermarket catalyic converter. Modern Catalyic converters work... They just have a light off temperature (something like that) that requires the cat to be heated up to a certain temperature before they work...

The aftermarket catalyic converter will work...

Matt.

Comment

As long as it looks stock and it passes the tailpipe sniffer most places will pass you without batting an eye because they usually don't know any better... and the ones that do will probably pretend like they don't.

Comment

Working...
        X