Jza70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jza70

The JZA70, one generation behind JZA80 (i think :P)

I have some questions about the car:

-common Pros and cons?
    -common engine swaps?
    -driftability
    -stock engine code

The only things i know about the car is that it is kinda heavy (suppose every supra is) and is FR.

The reason i bring up this car is because theres this old lady (age 70 ~) and she drives this black, JZA70t and i think to my self, "this car is going to waste!" i get my pants in a twist everytime i see the car. I should be driving that car...
    Last edited by rlngtngku; 09-16-2004, 03:20 PM.

I suppose you're talking about the MA70, not the JZA70. The first one is powered by 7M-GTE, while the second one has 1JZ-GTE 2.5l inline six (same as 7M), but was sold only in Japan and in very limitied quantities. It's a good car, I personally like them.

Common engine swaps? You could convert an MA70 to JZA70 by swapping a 1JZ engine in, but this one usually comes out of a Soarer Twin Turbo. I don't know how would it be with the 2JZ (JZA80 motor), but if you would like to swap one of these, you would have to use the JZA70 motor mounts (JZ series block).

Driftability? As every FR... Even domestic rides can drift (find user CrazyHawaiian if you want to find out how does it look like), so why wouldn't a nice Supra drift?
    Last edited by Darkstar; 09-16-2004, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Is there any difference between MA70 chassis and JZA70 chassis besides engines?

By the way Darkstar, thanks for the info, really informative
      Last edited by rlngtngku; 09-16-2004, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rlngtngku
        Is there any difference between MA70 chassis and JZA70 chassis besides engines?
        The JZA70 did make it to other countries besides japan, but it did not make it to North America. As for chassis differences, there really aren't any. Wheels, shocks, front seats, and the steering wheel are different, but thats about it.

Comment

No problem rlngtngku, it's my pleasure to help others in a way like this.

Comment

Working...
          X