240sx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 240sx?

Hey yall wut^. Im new to the form and i just wont to say hey and wut^. Also i got a questions. Does anybody know if there is anything i should look out for on a 1996 240sx se 5 speed, also is close to 100,000 miles alot for a 240, i just dont know how reliable they are , well thanks alot lata dave

if your buying ANY car look for rust, damage to the chassis, bondo (if it has bondo then most likely its been in a crash which means possible chassis/frame damage.) and check the heater hoses and guages just to make sure everything seem ok.
    theres probably more things i left out because im lazy

close to 100k? if that means less than 100k go for it! the ka has super longevity. my brothers SOHC ka had close to 230k when he started drifting it and had around 260k when he swaped it out for a sr. AND it was still in running condition. if its a DOHC (most likely) even better. well good luck on your car and welcome to drifting.com

Comment

KA's refuse to die, really the only things you have to look out for are the standard problems you see with all aging cars.

Most of the "problems" with 240's aren't problems that will cause damage to the car. The most notorious ones are:
      timing chain rattle (can be fixed by taking off the upper chain guard)
      exhaust rattle (can be fixed by taking off the exhaust shield) Simple. :P

Make sure to run a carfax too.

Comment

man thank yall alot and thanks for the tips and stuff hopefully ill be able to pick it up but no sure yet. yall have a good one lata

Comment

Working...
        X