Grip, Drift, And Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grip, Drift, And Street

Now, this isnt a where can i do it or whats it like tyoe thing, but about setting up a car for all 3 of them. I know that theyll all have their weaknesses.

So, if its possible what would have to be done to have a car that i could drive averyday for whatever, but could take to the track and do runs, but also have something that can drift well. Something like changing the tires or something like that. I dont want something that requires hours of work setting up the car for just a days run. But im sure this depends on what car you get, which im not sure what ill end up with yet

So, if this can be done, what would have to be done to get it to work.

u have more than 50,000? a pit crew to pay? about 10 mechanics to build your own custom car and retune your setup for everytime you race a different area? i guess not.

Comment

Well if you wanted the "Perfect Tune" every time then yeah probably not gonna happen. But it is possible to tune the car to be all around good for each type of activity, just depends on how far you want to take it. You dont need a "Perfect Tune" to have a good time. Each type of setup does not really have a weakness, just a different result. I would say tune the suspension spring rate, ride height, and dampening for roadracing (aka grip) as a base, and then just adjust it again to as much as you can handle (comfort wise) on the street. Some guys dont mind rough rides or the side-effects to lowering your car on the street (aka avoiding potholes, not taking certain roads because of extreme scrapage) so they have really good tuned suspension on their street car. As for the alignment I would say tune it for roadracing again as the base, and then modify again for as much uneven tread wear as you can handle on the street (depends on how often you want to buy new tires). I'm cheap so I run a street friendly alignment on my street / drift car. As for the bushings, this will be a harder choice since its not easy to "go back", I say go with spherical if you are extreme hardcore and poly otherwise (I run poly on my street/drift car). So depending on how far you want to take it you can have a car that it setup to roadrace or drift and still get away with it on the street. As for the roadrace vs drifting thing, I would say just run a different set of tires for each type of event, and if you have suspension parts that are easily adjustable then you might opt to make minor adjustments to the dampening or spring rate or something (but leave the ride height alone to retain alignment).

Comment

Working...
      X