RWD conversion to 90 AE92 GT-S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RWD conversion to 90 AE92 GT-S

well my buddy just picked up an 1990 AE92 GT-S that he's selling (he buys and sells cars all the time), i'm considering buying it and checked the engine, it is a 4A-GE engine, but being a 1990 model, my research has brought me to the conclusion that it's FWD, however I have read the a RWD conversion on it should be fairly basic. What I want to know is how complicated is it to do it and finacially feasible it is. Is it even worth converting it?

I do not understand how any fwd to rwd would be basic. You will need to turn the engine 90 degrees, manufacture a custom driveshaft, axles, header, maybe new rear suspension pieces, and change the enitre layout of your engine bay. It would probably be cheaper to buy an ae86 and swap a redtop hi comp engine into it. But if you have the time and resources to do it, then id say go for it!

Comment

thanx

Comment

it's no different from an 86, but fwd, why don't u just get one and join the ID crew.

Comment

hmmm

I think I will just try and hold out till I can get my MR-2. I actually sponser a drifter already so I do love the driftin scene.

Comment

Working...
          X