5 mph bumper removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 mph bumper removal

every picture i've seen with a greddy fmic or any other they had the little 5 mph bumper thing removed. is this dangerous for street use? if i wreck the front of my car is the damge going to come farther up into the engine bay. i'm getting the vspl and don't really want to remove it unless it doesn't matter that much

i don't this to happen to me on the street.http://andromedamusic.no-ip.com:2222...ia%20crash.jpg
    hope it works

Comment

I crashed my s14 head on, I mean straight up middel, at 40 mph into a poll. I had the greddy
      front mount with my bumper suport cut out. The intercooler took most of the impact and pushed in the core suport untill the radiator was just barely touching the belt driven fan on my SR. So if you have that intercooler mounted right. It should with stand just as much as the factory bumper suport.

Comment

and if you hit something going faster than I was it probily wont matter what you have there.

Comment

yes, its dangerous. No front crash bar=more of a chance of the engine coming through the firewall during a front end collision. I do not have a crash bar on my corolla, but its mainly used for track stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by TwistedByDesign
            yes, its dangerous. No front crash bar=more of a chance of the engine coming through the firewall during a front end collision. I do not have a crash bar on my corolla, but its mainly used for track stuff.
            Hardly. There is more of a chance that you will smash up the radiator support, radiator, hood, etc.

If you have ever crashed a car hard you know what it takes to seriously move the engine...and if it comes through the firewall, don't sweat it. You're already dead.

Comment

i'm not worried about myself, i'm worried about my SR. it's worth more than me

Comment

Working...
              X