4age in celica opinions and engine faq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4age in celica opinions and engine faq

my friend has an 85 celica gt-s and its failing emissions and the engines having compression probs so he was thinking about selling it or doing an engine swap and being that i really want a cheap rwd car i was thinkin about talkin to him about buying it,anyways i wanted to know where i could get a 4age to put in it and what you guys honest opinions about the swap would be,i know the celica is alot heavier than the ae86 but i plan on guttin it out if i were to buy it so that wouldnt be too much of an issue to me.any info and opinions are appreciated.

No torque. That simple.

Comment

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...highlight=aa63

AA63 Celica came with 4ag. Same gen as your buddies.

Comment

so where could i get one of those 4age swaps?

Comment

You do it yourself

Comment

swap meaning enigine,ecu,harness,tranny,and whatever else i may need to put the engine in the car.

Comment

i know it is hit or miss, but try ebay they are always selling 4age angines for around $500 to 6$600. but most of them are out of an mr2 so you will have to fin a defferent intake and exhaust. Another thin i would try is Recycler for a old beet up junk car for an easy engine. Last resort and the most money but the best is finding a front clip off google or yahoo . Thats my 3 bananna's.

By the way, recycler is an awsome site but like ebay it is hit or miss on hard to find cars.

Comment

$350 is the price i got my AE92 hi-comp for. Get a RWD head from a junkyard along with intake mani and exhaust amni and have the head done over at a machine shop. Rape a GT-S at a junkyard of wiring harness,ECU. Get a CeliSupra rearend OR a 79-81 CeliSupra rearend with discs and LSD if his isnt so equipped. Custom driveshaft is probably in order also. If it isn't EFI will need fuel pump, etc...

Umm......I probably missed a whole bunch of stuff but yeah. It would be fun though.

Comment

4AG is under powered for a Celica, i did come with 4AG in japan, but was under powered. You need something with torque. 3RZ Tacoma 4cyl. swap would be perfect!!!!!! And since your celica is a gts, it has IRS, swap in a MA70 Supra LSD!

Comment

How bout the 4agze? Would that work? I see alot of those around lately.

Comment

Ive said it before ill say it again. Theres more to engines then jsut raw power. Weight revs controlability throttle responsel they should all be taken into account.

If your looking for more power then you could get a 4agze as rakeron suggested, or you could just turbo charge a normal 4age. 2-300 horsepower this way isnt out of the question, and take into account the other aspects of the engine.. thatd be pretty damn nice.

Comment

Toysport had/has a RA60 Celica with a 2JZGTE swap. That would be awesome! haha

Comment

Agreed, that would indeed be awesome. any specs on it?

Comment

Originally posted by SidewaysGts
                            Agreed, that would indeed be awesome. any specs on it?
                            Sorry, dont have the specs on it. You can email toysport if ya want. www.toysport.com

Comment

Working...
                            X