RB25DET In S14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RB25DET In S14

ok heres the deal i have an rb25det front clip with tranny.. what do i need to put it in my s14??? im hearing things here and there thati would need a custom drive shaft and motormounts.. i dont mind the motor mounts but the drive shaft?? i cant use the one from my 240??? please i would like to know everything about this swap.. everything

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/0309scc_hybrid/

Comment

im s14 jun... i already seen that its just the drive shaft im worried abour thats all.

Comment

Look at mckinneymotorsport.com they have a lot of stock for RB swap into a 240sx!

Kevin..

Comment

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=8310

Could be useful I suppose.

Comment

D@mn you're lazy.

The RB25's transmission is slightly longer, and the output shaft slightly larger than the 240SX, so a new driveshaft is needed. If the Skyline's driveshaft yoke was included in your clip, slide it into the transmission and shove it all the way forward. Then bolt the stock driveshaft to the differential and let it hang. Measure the distance from the center of the U-joint on the diff to the center of the U-joint on the back of the transmission and--this part is important--subtract 1 inch to allow for driveline movement. Take all the pieces to a driveline shop and tell them "I want this yoke (Skyline) and this rear U-joint (240SX) on a one-piece driveshaft this long (your measurement)." Then give them money (probably a few hundred bucks). If you don't have the Skyline yoke, you can use one from a twin-turbo Z.

Can you handle that? Good luck. Not as hard as hard as you think.

Comment

D@mn you're lazy.

The RB25's transmission is slightly longer, and the output shaft slightly larger than the 240SX, so a new driveshaft is needed. If the Skyline's driveshaft yoke was included in your clip, slide it into the transmission and shove it all the way forward. Then bolt the stock driveshaft to the differential and let it hang. Measure the distance from the center of the U-joint on the diff to the center of the U-joint on the back of the transmission and--this part is important--subtract 1 inch to allow for driveline movement. Take all the pieces to a driveline shop and tell them "I want this yoke (Skyline) and this rear U-joint (240SX) on a one-piece driveshaft this long (your measurement)." Then give them money (probably a few hundred bucks). If you don't have the Skyline yoke, you can use one from a twin-turbo Z.

Can you handle that? Good luck. Not as hard as hard as you think.

Comment

actually you dont need to do any of that. get the motor mounts from mckinney motorsports and it fits everythign fine.

Comment

if all i need are the motor mounts why do they sell it with a drive shaft?? as a package.

Comment

my friend just completed his rb25 swap in his s14. He also put the FULL s15 front end conversion with the c-west body kit.....and cherry red...its blanging

I will talk to him ( Brandon) tommorow. And see if he will let me take some pics of his ride.....i would say he did good selling his stupid elipses and talons to make this thing. he should win some shows with it!

not to menion the advan 3 spokes...

Comment

yah i was wrong about the driveshaft. i suck at life.

Comment

Working...
                      X