custom SR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom SR?

Okay I was thinkin' of a cheaper way to get a SR20. Some of nissan's US cars use a SR20DE and I was thinkin you could aquire one and put a turbo on it. You would probly have to do alot of other things for this to work out but I was just wanting to know if it was possible.

nope, as far as i know the only SR20DE in america is the one that came in the Sentra/200SX and it is FWD.

Comment

theoretically even though they are fwd they share the same block as the rwd versions, so the sr20de 'should' bolt up to the stock 240sx tranny. A tonne of stuff would have to be relocated and whatnot. Then again... ive never seen this done so maybe the block is different.

Comment

Block is the same... You would need an SR bell housing for the tranny to make it bolt up... Most of the time if you try and do something cheaply by piecing a bunch of parts together you will get crap and it will cost you twice as much.

Comment

Thank god someone else see's that.

Comment

Yea I figured, I was just thinking about it the other night.

Maybe I should try this and mount it on my go-kart(lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
              Thank god someone else see's that.
              HAHA, I tell that to EVERYONE... but they allways want to do it cheaper. Then they come back and say, "We had so many problems, dude I spent way more than if I just got all the right parts." Maybe SOMEDAY someone will take heed this warning.

Comment

Don't forget that in SR20DET the bottom of the piston is being cooled by oil from nozzles in the block. In the Turbo Magazine's Project Phoenix Sentra SE-R SR20DE Turbo, they modified the block to use he oil nozzles from the DET version. There's a british www.skymera.net page, and the car there is a Primera GT with an R34 GT-R front end (known in the US as Infiniti G20), powered by a turbo'd SR20DE. Great by the way. It was featured in the Banzai Japanese Cars mag recently.

If I had an SR20DE, I would make more power out of it by using n.a. parts, not a stupid hairdryer.

Comment

Working...
                X