240SX Motor Problem, Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 240SX Motor Problem, Please Help

ok we are swapping the single cam motor back into the 240sx because the twin cam project didnt want to work.....but ya neways we get the motor in and it starts but the only way we can make it idle steady is if we cover the intake pipe........so we figured it was running lean on fuel so we put fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank and i covered the intake pipe and we ran it for about 5 minutes but still when i take my hand off the intake pipe the motor will try to idle at like 400 but the motor just shakes a shitload then shuts off so does nebody have any idea how we can get this to work plz plz plz plz help me here i want to get this damn thing going...........oh and when i unplugged the Mass Air Flow sensor then it woul didle really really high at like 1500-2000 then we would plug it back in and back to problem one the low to no idle so can somone please help me out thank you and post back if u have any ideas or PM me

--very frustrated Ryan

Check for any kind of vacuum leak. Any holes you forgot to plug in the intake mani? anything like that? vac leaks will kill an idle. ie, our civic idling at 2000rpms. also, just for safety, because maybe it is too lean, reset the ecu. i don't know much but those few things should at least get you started.

Comment

hey dodo thanks i will peep allt he vaccum hoses but ya how do u reset an ECU???? thanks you for the little info and does nebody else got some?

Comment

Just unplug the ecu for a few mins to reset it. If you have a leak past the MAF the car sputters and will sometimes die. Check for leaks passed the MAF that may be closed when you "cover the intake" whatever that means. Pics would help a lot, or just explain it so it is easier to figure out what you are talking about. Be super specific, we can't see anything so you have to tell us pretty much every detail about what you are doing.

Comment

ok well if u dont have a filter on your intake then its just a pipe right wenn i put my hand over the pipe so just a little bit of air can go in at a time is that alright and does it help?

Comment

Working...
          X