ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought a 240SX with SR20de,what to do!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a 240SX with SR20de,what to do!?

I just purchased this 240 with a SR20de non turbo...What I really want to do is boost.Any suggestions? the car came with a SR20DET Manifold and Turbo, what else would I require to finish the setup? and any suggestions of Bigger turbos that will bolt up to a SR20DET.

would appriciate it.

anyone?

Comment

nuffin eh?

Comment

I'm sorry to say, but turboeing the DE version isn't the best idea. First, if you would like to be fully equipped with DET things in the DE, you would have to modify the block in order to install the oil nozzles witch spray the oil to the bottom of each piston (there was a nice guide in the Turbo Magazine's Project Phoenix Sentra). What you will also need is the intercooler (I wouldn't resist with a stock DET unit - go for a Skyline's front mount, it's a good way to save some money and go for better-than-stock-0.6bar-pressure without any problems), piping & stuff.

And you know what? I wouldn't go for boost. Check out the Tomei's tricky throttle bodies for the stock DE manifold and you'll know what I mean. The DE version can be easily tuned to go past 200 flywheel horsepower, so why do you need to go like all the guys out there and place a hairdryer at the manifold? DE will have better response, making throttle control easier.

Comment

Let me just ask, how did you get it? It is not a 240sx if it has an SR20de and it must be RHD. Let's see some pics.

Comment

its a 91 240SX ..swapped in SR20de..THing Is ,I really want to go turbo.Would I be able to get a btter throttle body as you suggested and have a turbo aswell? or is that not good for compression ratio?Also do I HAVE to tap into the block for oil squirt for the turbo? they dont sell any kits?

Comment

Seems like it would have been better to swap the SR20DET since you went to the trouble of an engine swap. I've never seen a kit of oil squirters and the individual throttle bodies for the turbocharged engines is still in development. I think a highly tune NA SR20DE would be cool, different from everyone else. You can achieve alot of power while still being NA. I say go for the throttle bodies and stroke it out to 2.2L. Check out http://www.tomei-p.co.jp/_2003web-ca..._engindex.html They have some good parts.

Comment

It was purchased swapped.

Comment

Do you have the DE's original throttle body? It's slightly bigger than the DET unit, so you'd better stick it on the manifold for better power gains...

Why do you want to turbo it so much? For BOV's "pshhhhhht" sound when changing gears and sluggish throttle response when going sideways?

Comment

dont turbocharge it, just appreciate what you have and work with it, its not a bad engine either. then when you learn how to drive and tune, and if you feel the need for turbo, get the sr20det
                    save yourself the money

Comment

well, I appriciate your responses..however didnt intend to get flamed in the proccess...no its not for the Psst sound or w.e you are asking...Its because I want to learn more about turbo setups and have always been interested in doing a Turbo Project...this isnt my first car and I have done many..All my cars have been NA beast...As of now Im working on Brailles RWD Integra...I was just curious of what you would suggest in MY guidlines. the only useful piece of response I was able to use was to use the manifold for better power gain..

if you have anything else to add, please do.

Comment

Originally posted by RWDIntegras
                        its a 91 240SX ..swapped in SR20de..THing Is ,I really want to go turbo.Would I be able to get a btter throttle body as you suggested and have a turbo aswell? or is that not good for compression ratio?Also do I HAVE to tap into the block for oil squirt for the turbo? they dont sell any kits?
                        I would sugest you sell the SR20de to one of these guys that say the NA is better than the Turbo, then buy an SR20det.

Comment

lol..any takers?

Comment

ahahahha i told youu jonny blaze, but noo you wouldnt listen to me, sr20de block and sr20det block are different buddy. wheres my braille sh!t

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDragon871
                              ahahahha i told youu jonny blaze, but noo you wouldnt listen to me, sr20de block and sr20det block are different buddy. wheres my braille sh!t
                              rofl..I know whats diffrent..DET is built for turbo..the DE isnt..thats obvious..doesnt mean it cant go turbo..and a non turbo based engine has better compression once a turbo is added.So hah!..lol..

Comment

Working...
                              X