Help with differential questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with differential questions?

I am looking to buy a new lsd (have stock viscous right now) and I cant find the answer to my questions anywhere? I have it narrowed down to the kaaz or the nismo (which one?) I think nismo makes 2 different lsd's and thats my first question which one is adjustable? I am looking for a 2way that can be easily adjusted to 1.5way the car will be a street/drift/autocross/roadcourse car. I like to race and I usually do whatever I can afford at the time. I am getting into drifting right now so that will be the main thing the car is used for but I want to be able to change it to a 1.5 way when I want to road race. I dont mind the clunking of the 2way on the street so its not something I will have to adjust every weekend I go out and drift I will probably leave it 2way most of the time I just want to be able to adjust it if I want to. I heared the nismo also had adjustable breakaway torque is this true also? And any opinions on which is a better lsd. I know a lot of d1 guys run nismo and I dont think any run kaaz and I am not sure why. I thought the kaaz unit had bigger clutch plates than the nismo so it was more durable. Also I think they run kaaz in JGTC on some cars. Well anyone that can help it would be great. I searched and didnt really find any solid answers to these questions, it answered some others but not these.

i have heard taht the nismo 2 way its better but i havnt try it yet... most of the pros in the D1 are using nismo...i think its for some reason....

Comment

You cant really change an LSD from 1.5 to 2 way w/o taking it apart. Though with the Nismo sss you can change the initial torque without taking it out. It changes the initial lock response. Some d1 guys use ATS. Ive heard those things lock up pretty tight. You cant go wrong with nismo or kaaz though.

Comment

But with the nismo and the kaaz it is possible to rebuild it into a 1.5 way? I have heared the nismo's initial torque lockup is adjustable also by removing the stub axel. Is the kaaz adjustable at all other than taking it apart and rearranging the clutch plates?

Comment

no lsd is easily adjustable. You would have to take your diff completly apart every time you wanted to adjust it. It would be easier to have 2 complete diffs and just switch them out.

Anyway, you really dont need to adjust the diff between road racing and drift. Just get a 1.5 way and you will be happy.
          BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

will the 1.5 lock enough on decel to easily get the car out? I guess if I learn on the 1.5 thats what I will be used to and wont have a problem with it. I am think about the nismo 1.5 I guess its the sss? anyone know for sure?

Comment

Working...
            X