single plate and dual plate clutches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• single plate and dual plate clutches?

What are the differences, ups, and downs of single plate and dual plate clutches?

err... price, durability, engangement. basically single plates are for street applications, and dual plates are more for track and strip applications. Go with an ACT spec1 street clutch, and if u burn that out u might need to upgrade to a better one, or adjust driving style.

Comment

Blitz has a nice way to adjust the number of clutch discs in your car. You can buy a disc with some other equipment and convert an already single disc to a twin disc unit. It's a good way to avoid paying for another complete clutch.

Comment

My roommate has the Exedy double in his FD, and I love it. Perfectly streetable, but can handle the 500 whp he is putting down with his Innovative T-66. It's pricey, but does come with a flywheel, which makes it a good value when you consider it will last longet than the car, lol.

Comment

What about for an S14 putting down about 350 hp to the wheels? I was thinking the Exedy hyper single plate.
          It is a drift car so the clutch is going to take a beating and I was wondering if I should maybe go for the twin plate instead, unless that is overkill.

Comment

Working...
          X