Questions for Z32 enthusiasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for Z32 enthusiasts

I was wondering what differences there are between the 300zx TT and the N/A 300zx. Obviously compression ratios and induction type, but what else? Breaks? Tranny? Differential?

If you don't know but know where I could find out, lemme know.

Also if you know the differences in the the J-spec VG30 dett, and the US TT engine, lemme know.

Thanks!!

the blocks for the turbo and n/a are the exact same. the oil returns are tapped in the block buy screws block the hole in the n/a

the rods and crankshaft are the EXACT same....

the pistons are totally different.

the oil squirters in the n/a dont squirt at the same angle the TT oil squirters do.

the heads are differnt, the ports in the TT are larger, and the exhaust valves in the TT heads are made of inconel steel.
    the cams are obviously a little less agressive than the n/a

the tranny in the n/a has a smaller bell housing for a smaller flywheel....and obviously the rear end is different, but not in the way of being less strong...its just different gearing...

the A/C line routing is different...but if you do the swap, get rid of teh A/C....it frees up alot of room for air flow!

the ECU's are exactly the same....the turbos just run off waste gates NON ELECTRONIC, and just simple recirc valves....

the MAF meters are teh same i believe too.

Obviously the JDM Vg's had NO EGR...whereas the USDM market had the EGR valves for emissions crap

how do i know all this? Ask my brother with the 93' 300zx n/a to turbo swap 2 seater NON TARGA....yeah its a slick top or just a "hard" top....very rare!

here is some pics of us gettting it apart! as of this week

this is my brother LOL:

any more quiestions?

Comment

Working...
    X