• Show
Clear All

• Which Exhaust?

For 240sx w/sr20det
    HKS Hi-Power?
    Blitz N1?
    Apexi N1?
    Apexi GT?

A mandrel bender, a welder, some 3 inch pipe, 2 three inch borlas, a six pack, and a sunny saturday.

Comment

Have u seen any of the nismo exhaust systems for the sr20det?

Comment

Do as Parry wrote. Or take those pipes to a garage if it's not sunny or you don't have any equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by Parry
          A mandrel bender, a welder, some 3 inch pipe, 2 three inch borlas, a six pack, and a sunny saturday.
          Ack!!! Borlas??!@?~! Get it away!! I used to live near Borla

Comment

I'm an A'PEXi N1 Fan... Those are race proven.

Comment

yeah i had the apex n1 on mine it was nice

Comment

How 'bout GReddy? It gives you good power gains (better than Blitz Nur Spec R in the 80mm class in the Subaru WRX test) and operates at legal sound levels (something like 94dB at 3000rpm, while Blitz makes over 100). It's also around the price tag of an A'PEXi. You'll get more power from HKS tough.

EDIT: Lettering mistake.

Comment

i have apexi N1 duals but thinking of going with a single tip(apexi Gt spec) oh yea and another tip, paint you exhaust flat black so cops wont pull you assss over

Comment

I need an exhaust with good response and good power preferably a single tip

Comment

Any free-flowing exhaust will make your turo spooling up better. It just depends on your personal preferences of how should it sound or look like (please, don't call me a ricer!).

Comment

id go with apex. n1 and gt are both fine.

Comment

Hello all, I have been reading a lot of these forums on the site lately and this is my first post. I had the same question as sileightykid...you all answered it pretty well. I have checked out almost all of the exhausts that you guys have recommended, but none of the sites really tell you if the overall sound is aggressive, obnoxious, etc. etc. I would prefer something with an aggressive sound when being driven aggressively and quiet, almost non-existent when off throttle. Definitely NOT something that sounds like a coffee can or megaphone! But as I said, they include none of this kind of info on the websites. Now I will get to the point, LOL, is there any way to tell by looking at an exhaust system how it might sound? Or do you just have to hear it to know? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by S13DREAM
                            Hello all, I have been reading a lot of these forums on the site lately and this is my first post. I had the same question as sileightykid...you all answered it pretty well. I have checked out almost all of the exhausts that you guys have recommended, but none of the sites really tell you if the overall sound is aggressive, obnoxious, etc. etc. I would prefer something with an aggressive sound when being driven aggressively and quiet, almost non-existent when off throttle. Definitely NOT something that sounds like a coffee can or megaphone! But as I said, they include none of this kind of info on the websites. Now I will get to the point, LOL, is there any way to tell by looking at an exhaust system how it might sound? Or do you just have to hear it to know? Thanks
                            You have to hear it...

Acoustics is alot more complex than you think. The exhaust has pulses which is a certain frequency. Just like a supressor (silencer for you people who don't know what suppessors are) on a gun, the muffler requires a special design to sound the way they do.

A'PEXi N1 and the other exahusts mentioned are basically straight pipes with a mufflers that barely muffles if any... Most all those companies make exhausts like this. It also makes more power than other exhausts because there is less back pressure on the turbine.

Companies like A'PEXi include flow restrictors to make the muffler work harder. This cuts down on resonance in the exhaust and considerably on the sound also.

Comment

In one of the last Import Racer mag issues, there was a guide of how to install a HKS Hi-power exhaust. After the installation (with a beat-up factory catalytic converter) they found out that the sound is exactly what S13DREAM would like it to be - silent at low rpms, and aggresive when going higher. I'd reccomend checking that one if search for such sound.

Comment

Working...
                              X