Freaky speedometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freaky speedometer

ok i just got a 1990 240sx Ka24E, when the car is at idle the speedometer shows about 10 MPH, if you rev it it goes up, as soon as you start to drive it goes normal???? Any ideas what's causing this? ....Analog Dash and it's a maual.

So it does work though right? I mean it shows what speed your going, but when you idle it says its goin at 10 mph? Well...that doesnt seem like it would be too much of a problem...but I have no Idea what would be causing it lol.

Comment

i'm just concerned that it might turn into a bigger problem, and what if i am getting inacurate readings? i am also concerned about passing inspection. NY is getting more and more of a pain in the *Censored**Censored**Censored*!

Comment

check ground wires

this exact thing happened to my civic, the speedo would jump up and down while i was driving, but there wasn't any engine failures...one of the ground wires wasn't grounded all the way and was rubbing the frame of the car.(i had jus finsihed swapping in a new...err....used d-series motor) screwed the screw down tight and all was fine....

Comment

thanks i'll check that out.

Comment

make sure the wiring harness is nice and tight in your computer

Comment

Working...
            X