---Age Old Question---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ---Age Old Question---

Ok here's the scoop. I checked out the forums regarding The RB swaps. Now I drive a 1989 240sx and I want to swap in a RB25DET. However I hear that the Front end will be way to heavy and so on...

I have been e-mailing this guy... he swapped a RB25 into his S14 and the only custom work he had to do was cut a larger hole for the intercooler piping. The wiring was fine after he sent in the 2 harnesses to be fit to each other. He bought the motor mounts from Mc Kinney motor sports. But other than that he had it up and running in 3 days.

Although I hear the CA18 is quite the motor.
    And I’ve considered the classic SR swap.

My question to you forum Guru’s is what do you think I should do?
    Any information regarding this subject would be a huge help.

Thanks,
    RPS13 Mac Daddy

cost effectiveness is the key. weigh all the options weather it be turbo the old ka, sr, ca, or rb. what is the cheapest for you? which will produce the power and response you desire?

One of my friends chose to do a ca18det swap in his rps13 because he found one for the price he could efford. Another friend is saving for a rb26dett swap w/rb25 tranny in his s14 because his aim is a motor that can take anything he can throw at it. I chose an sr20det because I got a great deal on a set, had money saved up to build it properly, and alot of people have sr's in my area so good deals and trading is easy.

hope this helped

Comment

the rb is heavier but if you have the money go for it. It does change the wight distibution but unless your really good it doesnt matter that much. It wont be thatmuch off. Get the mckinny kit, you also get a anew driveshaft with the kit, i think its $1100 or so

Comment

Working...
      X